Got my Note 2 a few weeks ago for $200, went in about 2 weeks ago to PM to Amazon for $150 to get some money back, no real hassle other than they didn't want to PM Dell. The csr did tell me that he gave me a few bux more back over the $50. I thanked him and went on my way.

So, i saw the other thread about Sam's Club having the Note 2 for $98.88, went to Best Buy for an additional PM. When I came in, they said sure, we PM, no problem. When I said I wanted to PM Sam's Club, first they said that they couldn't do it. So, I asked why not? The CSR disappeared for a while, and brought me over to someone else who opened SC's website. Somehow they couldn't find the Note 2 on SC website (not that it mattered, since this was an in store price). Anyway, the CSR then handed me over to yet another CSR. This CSR said he was just getting in and needed to clock in, and disappeared for about 10 minutes. When he came out, I asked him about the PM, he seemed oblivious to the conversation we just had 10 minutes ago. Then he says, ok, let him research it, and disappears for a few minutes, coming back, he says, sorry, we can't PM since you already PM'd, it is against the rules. I said, ok, can I have a copy of the policy? He says sure, he will print me a copy. after a few minutes, he says he can't print out a copy, the computer won't let him. I said, fine just show me on the website (i know that no where does it say that you can only pm once). So then he says let him just another computer to print it out. A few minutes later, he comes back and drops the topic of not being able to PM a second time, saying that the SC nearby won't pick up the phone so he can't PM. I call, and he was right, the cellular phone department didn't pick up. So I called another SC store, they picked up and verified the price over the phone. He said that that store doesn't count since it is more than 25 miles away. I said, no, that store is about 20 miles away. So, I pulled out my Note 2, and got the directions to that SC, showing that it was 14 miles away. Finally, he agreed to PM. He then proceeded to refund me the difference from the original price, plus tax. I went out of the store happy, but decided to go back in and tell him of his error, since I was already refunded $50 from the last time, but he didn't really seem to care, and told me it was correct because of taxes. It wasn't, but he wasn't having any of my explanation. Fine, more money for me. In the end, I got the Note 2 for $37, so can't really complain. The whole process did take over an hour. Oh, and he did mention that BB was ending PMs altogether next month. I know he is wrong, but whatever, no point in arguing.

Anyway, for those who want to PM, hopefully you aren't hassled like me, and I would suggest that you read BB's policy closely so that you know how to respond when they make up stuff on the fly. Always be polite and friendly, but firm. As always on PM, ymmv, but officially, BB does currently allow PM to SC within 25 miles so long as it is in stock.

Best Buy Price Match Guarantee - Best Buy
    02-24-2013 04:29 PM
    Sweet, but it sux you had to though hell to do it.

sent from my galaxy note 2
    02-24-2013 06:53 PM