Hi all,

Long time BB user, then went to the original galaxy S (Fascinate), then back to BB because I couldn't stand the e-mail client. Plus I updated the Fascinate with a OS update that verizon rolled out and it totally screwed up my phone. I was scared away from Samsung after that phone, but they have come a LONG way since that OS, plus I am sick of the BB battery pulls and spinning clock and all the other BS that comes along with a BB. I played with my buddies Note 2 for a few minutes, read some reviews, and am completely WOW'd.

The note 2 is a performance beast, the specs alone are ridiculous. I've asked numerous note 2 owners about the OS and they all love it and say how smooth it is. I am really excited to be back to the Android platform...again, just a little wery of the e-mail system as I use it for work a lot.

Are there any keyboards out there that work like BB suretype? I know its probably old technology but I still use it and got really fast with it on my Torch 9860.

Any other apps that are a must? I've been away from app mode for a long time stuck with a BB. I saw Airdroid, that looks great and useful.

Another quick question, I read early reviews and they said that the US carriers won't allow for Multi-window view? Is this right?

I look forward to talking with you guys and getting your advice/input and giving mine.

Glad to be back!!

Thanks
    02-25-2013 12:45 PM
    Welcome aboard!! You are going to love this device, it is awesome.

Are there any keyboards out there that work like BB suretype?
    Yep, check out the Google Play store and search for keyboards. You'll see there are a ton of options. Give some a try and see which works best for your wants/needs.

Any other apps that are a must?
    This is totally subjective, it all depends on how you want to use your phone. Think of the apps you used with BB, and there is most likely the same or equivalent app for Android. I use tapatalk for forums, pulse for news, espn scorecenter for sports, of course. There are different browsers to try (chrome, dolphin, firefox, etc.) And widgets galore as well. Just think of the things you want to display on your phone quickly, and applications you want to use on your phone, and check the Play store, almost guaranteed to find what you are looking for. If no luck finding what you want, just ask here, folks here are happy to help.

I read early reviews and they said that the US carriers won't allow for Multi-window view? Is this right?
    Multi-window works, but it is limited to a handful of stock apps. There are ways to have most or all of your apps available in multi-view, but that is something you may want to look into after you get used to the newer version (JB) of Android and the GNote.
    J2DABIZO likes this.
    02-25-2013 01:03 PM
    I use Thumb keyboard. Was able yo get it free from Amazon app store Different skins and colors too. Very smooth. Have used it on my HTC devices and now the Note2

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    02-25-2013 01:31 PM
    You should try SwiftKey, it's probably the best keyboard on the market for auto correction.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    02-25-2013 08:38 PM