More VZW Note 2 Backup Assistant Plus woes

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello errybody, I am running stock 4.1.1 VZW GN2, and every dang morning my stupid BAP tries to sync but fails, I have removed the feature from VZW.com, have tried to force stop and I can not disable the app, the option is grayed out in apps as shown in pictures below, any help would be great!

Screenshot_2013-02-28-05-15-03_zpsdeaa39fa.png

Screenshot_2013-02-28-05-16-03_zps26dae7be.png

Thanks!

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I feel your woes! :mad: It's never worked right on any of my devices.

When I got my N2, the salesperson activated before I could stop him. The only way that I found to stop it (stock), was to restore the phone & DO NOT let it activate & start up again. Even un-activated, it still can't be disabled.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings and app manager and then find the app that says sync service under all. it will have the same icon as back up assistance. Click on force stop and clear data in there and that will stop backup assistance for you

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Same here, I can't stand having co-mingled Google/Vzw contacts. On your Verizon account under Features you need to also remove the BAP feature. I was never sure if disabling the Sync Services app was enough.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the failed notification again this morning, and I had to force stop it again, and its still in my synced accounts list in the settings screen. And its running as I speak, not backing up but in need of being force stopped again.

sent from my galaxy note 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Unless you're rooted and can freeze things, your only option (as nlitenme alluded to) is a master (factory) reset then upon initial setup skip the Backup Assistant option. If I recall correctly, this was the exact same problem/resolution on the Thunderbolt. :(

gsuemnic

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Go into settings and app manager and then find the app that says sync service under all. it will have the same icon as back up assistance. Click on force stop and clear data in there and that will stop backup assistance for you

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

I did that, but it keeps appearing. Last week I restored the phone to the default state and skipped the 'backup' set-up step !

I'm using a Driod X on a prepaid carrier (Selectel) so I don't even have a Verizon account. My issue is that the app continues to use my 3G data, at a rate of 60 kb per day. Yes, that is a small amount of data for one person, but multiple it by all the folks in the same situation.... Nothing but money going directly to the carrier's bottom line !!! Maybe someone should start a class action lawsuit ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair