Switching carriers to Verizon and getting a Note 2

i_am_the_owl

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm jumping ship from Sprint and considering either Verizon or ATT. I had ATT years ago and hated them, but the coverage was great. Don't know much about Verizon and would like to hear from folks who use them as to what you think of their service?

I'm also leaning towards the Note 2 although concerned the size of the beast might be a problem for day to day usage and lugging it around. Thoughts there would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has fantastic service and coverage, but is expensive. They also nickel and dime you for every little thing. I am considering a change to ATT when my contact with VZ is up, but coverage on ATT was not great last time I had them.

As for the Note2, I thought the same thing about the size at first. All I know now is that it is the best phone I have ever had, and I have had a lot of them. I can't see anything or there right now as good as the N2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

i_am_the_owl

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Verizon has fantastic service and coverage, but is expensive. They also nickel and dime you for every little thing. I am considering a change to ATT when my contact with VZ is up, but coverage on ATT was not great last time I had them.

As for the Note2, I thought the same thing about the size at first. All I know now is that it is the best phone I have ever had, and I have had a lot of them. I can't see anything or there right now as good as the N2.

Thanks for responding. Verizon looks to be cheaper than ATT for my needs - "4gb share everything unlimited" is about $10/month cheaper than roughly same plan at ATT. I'd pay the extra money not to be jerked around by the provider and have good coverage though.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is the best. Been with them back as far as when they were Airtouch. Can't beat the service. The Note2 is awesome. I love it. Best phone I have ever had. I sold wireless a few yrs ago. Even if I hadn't still choosing Verizon and the Note2

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has the best total network coverage and unlimited unthrottled 4glte (which you can get through AoL). One thing i should point out is, there will be areas where other carriers will have better service in your specific area, so it is best to check with friends and family members in the same area.

I picked up the note 2 for $37, and love it. But if you don't need the massive screen, maybe consider waiting for the s4.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I've been with Verizon since the AirTouch days too...lol! I think I started with them in 1990.

I thought the Note 2 was huge at first, but now it seems normal and my old HTC THunderbolt looks so tiny...lol! I can't imagine going back!

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I was with Sprint for over 10 yrs. Simply, their bad/non existent 4G service was the last straw. Went Vz and Note2 on release day, best move ever. The only thing I had to get use to was the lack of unlimited everything. Now I hv a 6g plan and I barely use 1.5g a month. Rather be safe then sorry.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been on Verizon for over 11 years. It is Definitely the best service wherever I go. I know many people on ATT&T and Sprint who always complain about service in the area we live (Arizona) I too went from an HTC Thunderbolt to the GN2 and the difference is night and day!

Pretty ironic that my TBolt received the ICS updated a few days before I got the GN2! So glad I made the switch! I love the GN2, and the size of it! I could never go back to the smaller size phone ever again. Jelly Bean is so smooth and the phone is very fast and responsive!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

u71n4444

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I was with sprint for 13 years and finally got tired of waiting on their 4g in my area. Joined up with uncle for 4gb plan and barely use 3gb a monthly. You will get use to not having unlimited cause you will be able to do what you need when you need to with 4g lte and not wait around all day with 3g.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been on Verizon for over 11 years. It is Definitely the best service wherever I go. I know many people on ATT&T and Sprint who always complain about service in the area we live (Arizona) I too went from an HTC Thunderbolt to the GN2 and the difference is night and day!

Pretty ironic that my TBolt received the ICS updated a few days before I got the GN2! So glad I made the switch! I love the GN2, and the size of it! I could never go back to the smaller size phone ever again. Jelly Bean is so smooth and the phone is very fast and responsive!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

I am in AZ too! Cave Creek:)

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
i actually like verizon. it does cost a little more, but everytime i have had to call customer service they have always been very helpful and patient. ive called them for some pretty silly things before and they are always friendly. ive even had them take amounts off of my bill because i bought a phone and a couple days later found out i qualified for a special they had going. they could have said "too bad" but instead they credited my account.

a lot of people dont seem to like verizon, and go as far to complain at their logo on the phones, but the logo doesnt bother me, and i cant find anything bad to say about the phones i have got or the customer service, in store or on the phone..

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is the best. Been with them back as far as when they were Airtouch. Can't beat the service. The Note2 is awesome. I love it. Best phone I have ever had. I sold wireless a few yrs ago. Even if I hadn't still choosing Verizon and the Note2

Thank you. I was trying to remember what they were way back when! I've been with them since my first phone back in the mid 90's.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I switched to Verizon last Friday from Sprint because Sprint refused to sell me the Galaxy Note 2 at retail price because I didn't want to upgrade. I have no complaints so far, coverage is wonderful and I am really enjoying the 4G LTE. Yes, I have to watch my data but that's alright, I figure I average about 2-3 gb a month and that's something I can deal with :)

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm also leaning towards the Note 2 although concerned the size of the beast might be a problem for day to day usage and lugging it around. Thoughts there would be much appreciated.

Eric,

Please don't call it a beast. It is the best device I have had. Has made my life easy. It took about a day to get accustomed to the size but I love it. And what it has done to make my life easier for work and play is even better.
Ian

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital