Will the 4.99-inch Galaxy S4 be a better smartphone than the 5.5-inch Galaxy Note 2?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Will the 4.99-inch Galaxy S4 be a better smartphone than the 5.5-inch Galaxy Note 2?

It has not been announced or even reviewed yet. So noone knows. The only thing you know it won't have is the S pen and larger screen. And whether or not those things are important to people is a matter of personal choice and opinion. So until its announced and reviewed there is nothing to go on.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Although it's still missing some more specs posted here and if the leaks are true, then it is better than our Note 2s. Would be nice if I have the money to buy one but I'll settle for my Note 2. (For now) LOL

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
On Flipboard tonight they had an article that reportedly had the Antutu benchmark for the new phone and it blew away everything currently released including the GN2 and the new LG twins (Optimus G and N4).

Should be an interesting release.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
IMO it won't be as good as the note. The note gets most of its awesomeness from the S-pen!

Agreed, writing little notes and stuff for personal reasons or fun to other people is fun

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362453737770.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362453737770.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 135

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Besides, if we all believed rumors, you would think the phone is powered by unicorn tears or something.

The only comparison between the two should be the screen size and dimensions of the devices.

I mean, the Note 2 is at a disadvantage on screen resolution as the rumors say that thw S4 will have a full HD screen. The Note 2 has a lower resolution due to the included wacom digitizer for the s pen functionality. As for the S4 having a 4.99" screen, really. 5" would probably be cheaper and easier to produce. Resolution shouldn't change with a .01" addition to the diagonal.

The S4 is also rumored to have a 8 core CPU (4 cores for full power and 4 cores for low power) which will help with processing multiple instructions at once.

The only real comparison would be between the S4 and the Note 3 when it is announced a few months later.

Galaxy S4 or Note 3 for my next. Decisions, decisions.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I think "better" is subjective. :) Myself, I don't see the S4 as something to even consider as it's an S3 replacement and not a competitor to the Note 2. After experiencing a 5.5" screen and the S-Pen, I don't want to go back to anything smaller or lose the S-Pen functionality. Now the Note 3? Whole different story! That I look forward to! In the meantime, I'm content to sit back and rock the Note 2. :p

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I think "better" is subjective. :) Myself, I don't see the S4 as something to even consider as it's an S3 replacement and not a competitor to the Note 2. After experiencing a 5.5" screen and the S-Pen, I don't want to go back to anything smaller or lose the S-Pen functionality. Now the Note 3? Whole different story! That I look forward to! In the meantime, I'm content to sit back and rock the Note 2. :p
I completely agree.

I went from the HTC Thunderbolt to the Note 2 (I know, No comparison) the Note 2 is amazing! I am so happy with it! Battery life alone is awesome. I used a styles with my other phone (long finger Nails) but the S pen is so much more..... Love it!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
the two phones will be different. doesn't mean one is "better".

Better is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone has different priorities. I want a large screen. Unless the s4 is larger than the note 2, i don't want it. Others may want a fhd display, faster processor, or whatever goodies the s4 may bring

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Had the OG Note and jumped on the S3 in June only to get the note 2 in November. Will not do that again. Will wait for the Note 3 as a new daily driver. I am sure the S4 will be awesome but I just cannot see replacing my Note 2.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Better is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone has different priorities. I want a large screen. Unless the s4 is larger than the note 2, i don't want it. Others may want a fhd display, faster processor, or whatever goodies the s4 may bring

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Agree that "better" is in the eye of the beholder. I have a Galaxy Nexus and have vowed that I'll never have a phone with hard buttons on the front of the phone. To me, after a year of using the Nexus, the soft buttons has a much, much higher priority than screen size or pen. My wife has a Note 2 and I'm very, very tempted to go against that vow as I like it a lot. However, next Thursday, if the S4 doesn't have hard buttons then it's a no brainer.

Aside: The only time my wife has used the S Pen was when I showed her it was there. I feel the same. The SPen requires 2 handed use by definition and I seldom use two hands on my phone. I also carry around a Galaxy Tab so my desire to turn my phone into a tablet is negligible. Even a Note 2 is a small screen to me with a Tab 10.1 within grasp.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S4 - Expansys.com UK

LOL to those of you who wants to get a 6.3 INCHES NOTE 3. That's almost a Nexus 7 putting it on your face when making calls. No thanks. :D:D:D

Have to wait and see what the size of the Note 3 may be. It certainly won't be anywhere near the size of the Nexus 7, which has a lot of bezel. Samsung could very well fit a 6 - 6.3" screen on a frame not much larger than the current Note 2. They'd have to shrink down the existing bezels and probably go with on-screen buttons. But point being, it won't be anywhere near the size of a Nexus 7 which IS ridiculously large to hold to your ear. :p

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not interested in the Samsung S4. However, I am lusting for larger internal storage space. I seem to recall reading rumours the S4 may have up to 64GB of internal storage space?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have to wait and see what the size of the Note 3 may be. It certainly won't be anywhere near the size of the Nexus 7, which has a lot of bezel. Samsung could very well fit a 6 - 6.3" screen on a frame not much larger than the current Note 2. They'd have to shrink down the existing bezels and probably go with on-screen buttons. But point being, it won't be anywhere near the size of a Nexus 7 which IS ridiculously large to hold to your ear. :p

True and if that's the case were all good. This phone is big enough and a little biggetbos fine but the bezel would need to shrink. Samsung is pushing the limits already so soon size will stay the same until we see folding screens.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It'll have better hardware and software, a smaller screen, no s-pen and a different name. Subjective as to which of those things matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23