downloading movies

ahusband

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
It took me 9 hours to download a movie from "Google Play Movie and TV" What did I do wrong. I averaged 20mb/s down on wifi. I cleared the cash first. I was told it should only take 1 hour.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
It took me 9 hours to download a movie from "Google Play Movie and TV" What did I do wrong. I averaged 20mb/s down on wifi. I cleared the cash first. I was told it should only take 1 hour.

All depends on what you downloaded. If you were downloading a standard def movie which should only come out to about 1.6 GB(uncompressed), you'd get it in about 20-30 minutes. If you were downloading a DVD quality movie which is around 4 GB then you're looking at that hour plus. If you were going with a Blu-Ray quality which would be 28GB(complete and total guestimation), you're looking at a good few hours. And of course also take into account that the servers may not have been delivering the content at nominal speeds the entire time.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
All depends on what you downloaded. If you were downloading a standard def movie which should only come out to about 1.6 GB(uncompressed), you'd get it in about 20-30 minutes. If you were downloading a DVD quality movie which is around 4 GB then you're looking at that hour plus. If you were going with a Blu-Ray quality which would be 28GB(complete and total guestimation), you're looking at a good few hours. And of course also take into account that the servers may not have been delivering the content at nominal speeds the entire time.

Where can I download a free movie ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles