How is the battery compared to the S3?

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Just debating on buying a new phone and want to know which has a longer battery life? The S3 with the smaller screen or the Note 2 with the beast of a screen?

Thanks- Isaac

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The note 2 battery life is great. I don't take my charger everywhere anymore.

Sent from my VZW Note 2 using Android Central Forums

OC Nut

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I think many get 7-8 of screen time, and 1-1/2 days of use on average. As important as the screen time (for some users) is the fact that it uses very little on idle, even on LTE. It is extremely reasonable to expect that after a normal day's of work use (say, 3 hours of screen time but no gaming and little use of the phone as such), to return home in the evening with 50% left.

I can't compare it to an S3, but the N2 battery is utterly amazing (having been trained by my Thunderbolt as to the necessary equipment to carry along with me (spare batteries, spare chargers, lightning rod, dilithium crystals, etc.) and necessary micromanagement (frequent use of airplane mode, turning on and off wifi, feeling the phone's temperature to see if a rogue process is running, etc.)).

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I get about 20 hours of battery time and about 3 hours of screen time on my S3.... I would like a little more but am pleased with that.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

breathemetal

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
N2's battery is great.
I came from the Thunderbolt and man..what sad piece of junk that phone was...never will i own an HTC phone again.
Gamed/media'd off and on for 8 hours today @ work & still had around 75% life left

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Obviously everyone will get a different amount of time based on how they use the phone but here are my numbers. I used to get about 14 to 16 hours from my s3 and I get about 22 to 24 hours from my Note 2. I used both phones through the same daily routine for the most part. I may watch a few more YouTube videos on the Note 2 but not much.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had both phones, and the note 2 gets better battery life than my gs3, maybe 10-20% better in my usage.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I cant speak about the S3 as I have not owned one. I also came from a Thunderbolt and had to be careful with use and charge in my office and car!
Those days are gone Thank Goodness, as the GN2 battery is amazing!

My typical average day is coffee and my Note 2 starting at 6-6:30am on the patio.... check and write emails, Android Central, a little Facebook marketing, Angry birds (slowly weening my addiction haha), Lots of calls during the day, emails, texts and some Web stuff. Ended my day yesterday at 7:00 pm with 65% battery! Love it! my husband is still on the awful Tbolt and hopefully soon going to either S3 or Note 2. I think he thinks the Note 2 will be to big for him as men carry the phone differently than woman (purse) I am concerned the battery will not be as good for him on the S3 as he gets tons of calls. He is not into the technology and doesn't text, email (once in a great while), or Web surf!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I cant speak about the S3 as I have not owned one. I also came from a Thunderbolt and had to be careful with use and charge in my office and car!
Those days are gone Thank Goodness, as the GN2 battery is amazing!

My typical average day is coffee and my Note 2 starting at 6-6:30am on the patio.... check and write emails, Android Central, a little Facebook marketing, Angry birds (slowly weening my addiction haha), Lots of calls during the day, emails, texts and some Web stuff. Ended my day yesterday at 7:00 pm with 65% battery! Love it! my husband is still on the awful Tbolt and hopefully soon going to either S3 or Note 2. I think he thinks the Note 2 will be to big for him as men carry the phone differently than woman (purse) I am concerned the battery will not be as good for him on the S3 as he gets tons of calls. He is not into the technology and doesn't text, email (once in a great while), or Web surf!

Margie

The note 2 or gs3 will both blow the socks off the thunderbolt battery life

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The note 2 or gs3 will both blow the socks off the thunderbolt battery life

There is probably no question about that, haha! I'm thinking the S3 (don't think he can go on with Tbolt long enough to wait for the S4) will be the better choice for my husband as I know he would never use the features of the GN2 and would be a waste! He doesn't even text!

Margie

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I believe it's much greater than the SG3. I never have to take my charger with me if I know I am going to be gone for long. Half brightness, I still get more than a full day. Still charge at night, but that's because I want 100% when I wake up to dominate the day! Get some Note 2 in you, son!

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just came from an S3 and I think the battery life on this phone is much better. I've been on vacation all week I've been on wifi and I go back to work on Monday. I'll be able to guage better then.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
sy8ehady.jpg

upy3a7um.jpg

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk