why is chrome not in my multi app screen

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
When you hit edit, does it show you the apps that you can put on the bar. If so you touch Chrome and drag it to the barand hit done. No root necessary.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

According to the screenshot he provided, chrome is not an option.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't the multi window support coded into the chrome app be already there.

I mean the newest version of chrome can go into the multi window app drawer of the note 2 on other carriers, and as mentioned previously that is dependent on the developers.

I find it hard to believe that chrome is not up to date on the verizon version. It should be the same app across the board.

I also find it hard to believe that samsung may have anything to do with it or even verizon, unless they somehow blocked it access to the app drawer.

If it is an update that still would need to be pushed it should be miniscule in size and a non issue for carrier testing.

Galaxy S4 or Note 3 for my next. Decisions, decisions.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't the multi window support coded into the chrome app be already there.

I mean the newest version of chrome can go into the multi window app drawer of the note 2 on other carriers, and as mentioned previously that is dependent on the developers.

I find it hard to believe that chrome is not up to date on the verizon version. It should be the same app across the board.

I also find it hard to believe that samsung may have anything to do with it or even verizon, unless they somehow blocked it access to the app drawer.

If it is an update that still would need to be pushed it should be miniscule in size and a non issue for carrier testing.

Galaxy S4 or Note 3 for my next. Decisions, decisions.

Chrome itself does not have the code.
The update I'm referring to is an update to the phone.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was app side as said before...

sent from my galaxy note 2

If the app is coded for multi view it would show up, like the other apps are appearing after they've been updated.
The update would allow for chrome, Gmail, and I think youtube without the apps being coded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci