03-19-2013 12:11 PM
32 12
tools
    I don't use my car all day but somehow I had to pay for it.
    Thank God, mine is already paid off. LOL
    03-18-2013 08:30 PM
    I like to use Holo launcher. BUT I have a conundrum. The Note 2 does a real neat trick where you pull out the pen and up pops some pen apps. That doesn't work with launchers, I understand. It certainly doesn't with Holo. The ONLY reason I use Holo (or any launcher at all) is because I want more than 16 slots on my home page. Here we are in version 4 of Android, with a 5.5" hi-def display and we are still stuck with 16 measly slots. Come on, guys. Get with it. This isn't the stone age anymore, like it was 2 years ago
    Joshua O likes this.
    03-19-2013 06:12 AM
    I use Holo and have the spen set to launch S note when I remove the pen...works perfectly. System settings > s pen > popup s note. I also worked in a bunch of gestures using both holo and GMD so most actions can be done without icons.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-19-2013 07:54 AM
    I use Holo and have the spen set to launch S note when I remove the pen...works perfectly. System settings > s pen > popup s note. I also worked in a bunch of gestures using both holo and GMD so most actions can be done without icons.

I think he is talking about page buddy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-19-2013 07:58 AM
    Over the weekend I finally got fed up with having such a nice large screen on my new Note 2 but only having the same number icon spaces on my home screen as my old crappy Thunderbolt so I installed Nova Launcher Prime.

So far I love it. I have a 6x5 grid on my homescreen with 7 items in the dock at the bottom. SO much more efficient. However, I'm starting to notice some of the negative side effects of using a launcher.

Anything else negative I should be aware of when using a launcher like Nova? I'm still debating on whether or not I want to keep using it. I really don't need or want much customization, I just want more icons on the home screen and dock. If that was a built-in option on Touchwiz I'm be a happy camper.
    I have been using ADW for the launcher since I had my droidX, then RazrMaxx and now my Note2... The N2 is fairly new to me, but I haven't found any issues with it interfacing with the Samsung apps/etc.
    03-19-2013 11:58 AM

It works with ADW on my Note2... pull the pen and that notepad app opens up.
    03-19-2013 12:01 PM
    It works with ADW on my Note2... pull the pen and that notepad app opens up.
    You can get the notepad to open. But not the page buddy thing. I finally said the heck with it and went to Holo, since the idiotic "you only get 16 slots although the screen can support a lot more" thing was torquing my nut.
    03-19-2013 12:11 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD