Hello, anyone know If I buy a Verizon Galaxy note 2 from amazon, is it sim unlocked already? I know the data is locked, but can I use a sim card from other country like China, and make and receive calls, or text while I am in China?
    I ask this because amazon told me those" Due to manufacturer and service provider restrictions, we're unable to offer cell phones, with or without service plans, to customers outside the United States.

The cell phones listed on our website are intended for use in the United States. The phones are programmed at the time of order and are only compatible with domestic communications systems.

You may want to check out our unlocked phones on Amazon.com. These phones have the capability of being used internationally. "
    03-12-2013 01:39 AM
    Most (if not all) countries use GSM like T-Mobile and AT&T do. No country uses CDMA which is what Verizon and Sprint uses. So... NO...it will NOT work.
    03-12-2013 02:27 AM
    03-12-2013 02:28 AM
    Most (if not all) countries use GSM like T-Mobile and AT&T do. No country uses CDMA which is what Verizon and Sprint uses. So... NO...it will NOT work.
    The Verizon Galaxy Note II is gsm and factory sim unlocked, you can use it on tmobile or att. Note that Verizon locked the apn, so voice and text work just fine out of the box, but data requires root to modify the apn.

I do not know the specifics about China though

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-12-2013 08:58 AM
    Oh ok, thanks, someone told me if you buy a Verizon Galaxy Note II from a 3rd party dealer like amazon it's not gsm and factory sim unlocked, that is why i asked.
    03-12-2013 02:15 PM
    Hello, anyone know If I buy a Verizon Galaxy note 2 from amazon, is it sim unlocked already? I know the data is locked, but can I use a sim card from other country like China, and make and receive calls, or text while I am in China?
    I ask this because amazon told me those" Due to manufacturer and service provider restrictions, we're unable to offer cell phones, with or without service plans, to customers outside the United States.

The cell phones listed on our website are intended for use in the United States. The phones are programmed at the time of order and are only compatible with domestic communications systems.

You may want to check out our unlocked phones on Amazon.com. These phones have the capability of being used internationally. "
    Greg C is absolutely in error; see this thread for information on the phone's international capabilities: Confused about Verizon Galaxy Note 2 as a World Phone

As that thread makes clear, you'll need to either use Verizon's international calling and data plan or use a foreign SIM for voice; use of foreign SIM for data apparently requires rooting the phone and manually adding the appropriate apn's.
    03-12-2013 10:06 PM
    Not true. Plus the LTE iPhone 5 will work on many non LTE, non CDMA network, haven't looked into the Note 2 antennas to see if it will do the same.

List of Cdma Mobile Operators,Carriers and Networks By Country- Africa,Europe,Canada,USA,Asia,Latin America,Canada,United States and the Carribean

03-15-2013 09:47 AM

As that thread makes clear, you'll need to either use Verizon's international calling and data plan or use a foreign SIM for voice; use of foreign SIM for data apparently requires rooting the phone and manually adding the appropriate apn's.
    My Verizon Galaxy Note 2 can use AT&T and T-Mobile sim cards for voice. It just constantly shows me the non-Verizon sim card warning message. I've learned to ignore it.

I have not rooted my phone because I don't have a need to use data on other GSM carriers. I'm taking a long trip to Europe in September. I'll be visiting 11 countries in 4 weeks. At that time, I'll root my Verizon Note 2. However, does this mean I have to find out the APN settings for every GSM carrier that I use in Europe.(prepaid GSM sim card)
    03-15-2013 12:49 PM
    China use GSM 900 and 1800 MHZ, do Verizon Note 2 support it?
    03-24-2013 12:38 PM
    The 4.1.2 update to NOTE II Verizon last week enabled the ability to ADD/Change APN's so you no longer need to root the phone (which you only needed to do for Data in the UK/OZ anyway).

I travel to the UK / Australia all the time and used Verizon Note II for calls and text and now, for my next trip with this last update, should be able to get data as well.

Replacing with any 3rd party SIM is a breeze

Franc
    05-15-2013 08:28 AM
    I just got off the phone with a Global Verizon representative. I'd called several times and learned that the Note 2 sch-1605 was unlocked for voice, but locked for data. I told her I was calling to find out what kind of phone I should buy that would give me data. She said "Wait, I just read something on the Note 2, the recent update to 4.1.2 unlocked the data!! I hope it's true, we're off to London and Paris in June. Feel free to double check with Verizon and post confirmation. Trust, but verify!! Paul
    05-23-2013 03:32 PM
    If this is true, I'll be un-rooting my phone soon.
    05-23-2013 05:44 PM
    Actually most 0eople dont know that all iphones on the verizon network...come unlocked out of the box already....truely global....all samsung phone (4g lte samsung phones) are also unlocked out of the box....and can be used with any gsm carrier overseas....the only thing is u cannot use data on samsung phones.....only talk and text.....as for iphone 4s and 5 ...they are talk...text and data enabled already no need for special configuration whatsoever......

just got back from fiji 2 months ago ...used my note 2 there on vodafone network....just put in the sim....just put in the sim and...wallaaaah
    06-06-2013 05:28 AM
    Actually most 0eople dont know that all iphones on the verizon network...come unlocked out of the box already....truely global....all samsung phone (4g lte samsung phones) are also unlocked out of the box....and can be used with any gsm carrier overseas....the only thing is u cannot use data on samsung phones.....only talk and text.....as for iphone 4s and 5 ...they are talk...text and data enabled already no need for special configuration whatsoever......

just got back from fiji 2 months ago ...used my note 2 there on vodafone network....just put in the sim....just put in the sim and...wallaaaah
    I thought that the Verizon iPhone 4 was CDMA only

06-06-2013 02:10 PM
    I thought that the Verizon iPhone 4 was CDMA only

You Sir are correct. 4s was the first Verizon global Iphone
    06-06-2013 02:49 PM
    The 4.1.2 update to NOTE II Verizon last week enabled the ability to ADD/Change APN's so you no longer need to root the phone (which you only needed to do for Data in the UK/OZ anyway).

I travel to the UK / Australia all the time and used Verizon Note II for calls and text and now, for my next trip with this last update, should be able to get data as well.

Replacing with any 3rd party SIM is a breeze

Franc
    Can anyone else confirm this? It's great new and should make some overseas travel later in the year a year. Still might be worth rooting just in case.

Could I test this by throwing in an ATT sim?
    06-10-2013 12:06 PM
    Can anyone else confirm this? It's great new and should make some overseas travel later in the year a year. Still might be worth rooting just in case.

Could I test this by throwing in an ATT sim?
    I would think so...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ns-update.html
    06-10-2013 12:22 PM
    Great news!
    06-10-2013 02:40 PM