I'd been lusting over the GN2 since it came out, but couldn't bring myself to shell out the $299 for the upgrade. I settled for the GS3 over Black Friday weekend when Sam's Club had it for 97 cents. They did not have the Note II in stores, only on the web for $279. I walked into Sam's Club this Sunday and the sales guy who sold me my GS3 said they got the Note II and Verizon was giving them special pricing because it had taken them so long to let them sell it in store. $98, in store only!!!! Could not pass that up, as I had one upgrade left on one of my kids' lines. Did the deal and $109 later (Sam's Club only charges tax on price, not retail) I had my Note II. They did not know when it was end, but I went in there today, and they had sold out of their 30 unit allotment, but the price was still $98, so if you know someone that is waiting for a great price to buy the Note II, they should call around to local Sam's Clubs to see if they have any left.
    03-13-2013 12:02 AM
    I paid $225 +tax and your story makes me sad.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-13-2013 03:57 PM
    Deal had been going on for some time now. I pm to Best Buy, then you can get the $50 gc. Best Buy's price matching had an error so I got my note 2 for $37. Of course, best buy didn't price match contract phones anymore

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-14-2013 07:54 AM
    It will be that price until March 31st.
    03-14-2013 09:03 PM
    such an awesome deal, got my note pm'ed by best buy and the gs3for my wife, they are both 98.

sent from my galaxy note 2
    03-14-2013 09:12 PM
    Does Sams have the etf fee like Walmart does?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    03-14-2013 10:32 PM

Yes.

03-14-2013 11:14 PM

I don't know what an etf fee is. I was charged the 98 dollars plus local tax, on the $98 not the full retail which is what we normally pay in California. The $30 Verizon upgrade fee appears on the next bill.
    03-15-2013 12:40 AM
    Will best buy match amazon's $650 retail price?

03-15-2013 04:09 AM
    I don't know what an etf fee is. I was charged the 98 dollars plus local tax, on the $98 not the full retail which is what we normally pay in California. The $30 Verizon upgrade fee appears on the next bill.
    Etf is early termination fee. Sams club and some other sites have an additional $400 etf or instant discount charge of certain changes are made within 181 days of purchase.
    "

By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($400 for smartphones, tablets, and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, you signed up for a 2 year agreement and during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 14-day Satisfaction Guarantee.
    Other than simply deactivating a line weve activated, your wireless carrier could notify us that you deactivated if:
    You fail to pay the carrier in accordance with their terms and conditions
    You transfer equipment we activate on one line to another carrier line, even within the same account
    You activate this equipment on a new line of service with your current carrier and use it to replace an existing line by deactivating the existing line"

http://www.cellstores.com/autoconten...ile&viewmode=1

03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Can someone explain how this would work with Best Buy? I keep seeing on their website that they will not price match on contract phones but I've also seen a lot of people saying that they took the price match to BB and got it for the advertised price. How are they doing this if its against policy?
    03-15-2013 10:33 AM
    Can someone explain how this would work with Best Buy? I keep seeing on their website that they will not price match on contract phones but I've also seen a lot of people saying that they took the price match to BB and got it for the advertised price. How are they doing this if its against policy?
    Most people did it before March 2nd-3rd when BB changed their price matching terms.

03-15-2013 10:40 AM
    Most people did it before March 2nd-3rd when BB changed their price matching terms.

I figured that, but I just by accident stumbled on the price 3 days ago. I was able to get staples to price match for me but it was their last in stock. All of the Sams' clubs here are sold out so I'm left with Target, Bestbuy and Walmart, best buy being the best option available. I called them and they said they'd match any online price but I told them I want to match a brick and mortar store and they said sure but to bring proof so I am going to give it a try. My wife wants a white note bad.
    03-15-2013 10:58 AM
    I figured that, but I just by accident stumbled on the price 3 days ago. I was able to get staples to price match for me but it was their last in stock. All of the Sams' clubs here are sold out so I'm left with Target, Bestbuy and Walmart, best buy being the best option available. I called them and they said they'd match any online price but I told them I want to match a brick and mortar store and they said sure but to bring proof so I am going to give it a try. My wife wants a white note bad.
    Here is a pic from sams club. Ymmv though as best buy official policy is no pm on contract phones of bought after 3/2.
    Of course, before, best buy policy explicitly excludes mobile phones from amazon, but I and many others were able to do it. It will depend on the store and or csr

Attached Thumbnails GN2 still  at Sam's Club-uploadfromtaptalk1363385801929.jpg  
    03-15-2013 05:18 PM
    I went to my local sams and snapped a photo the other day when I got staples to price match. BB didn't do it, I raised a little bit of hell with the manager and at the very least the guy that quoted me all that will get a write up. I did call and he did tell me they would match it and to bring in the credentials. They tried to offer me 10% off accessories to show they were sorry. Need an eyeroll smiley for that.

I didn't want to drive an hour an a half just to buy one more phone but it seems I have no choice.
    03-15-2013 08:31 PM