Verizon Galaxy phones for international use

JainaSJedi

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new, but I'm in the process of deciding on a smartphone or 4G tablet and wanted to ask some questions.

I need a device that uses Verizon's data network because I work in Yellowstone during the summers and that's the only network that works out there.

I'm headed to Australia in October and want to use my device with a local SIM card.

Questions:
--Are the Verizon Samsung devices unlocked (S3, Note II, S4) if purchased at full retail price?
--Is there any way to use a Verizon prepaid data (tablet) plan on these devices? I'm not interested in voice/text, only data.

Thanks for the advice.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new, but I'm in the process of deciding on a smartphone or 4G tablet and wanted to ask some questions.

I need a device that uses Verizon's data network because I work in Yellowstone during the summers and that's the only network that works out there.

I'm headed to Australia in October and want to use my device with a local SIM card.

Questions:
--Are the Verizon Samsung devices unlocked (S3, Note II, S4) if purchased at full retail price?
--Is there any way to use a Verizon prepaid data (tablet) plan on these devices? I'm not interested in voice/text, only data.

Thanks for the advice.

No on the prepaid for Verizon. The only prepaid they offer are on 3G phones and they are the basic phones.
As for international use, not really sure. It is sim unlocked although you will need root access to add apn info. Not really sure if you're still able to use any other sim but assuming you add the apn info correct it works for tmobile, att, straight talk etc here in USA.

Sent from my SCH-I605

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is factory sim unlocked even when bought in contract. Voice and data work, however, you would need to root and unlock the apn to get data. Prepaid plans can't be used on post paid phones.

If you want a Data only plan, you would have to get a data only device.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

arundc

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Questions:

Thanks for the advice.

Verizon "global" phones come unlocked, yes, but only for Voice. I found out with my Note II. You can't expect data to work using a local SIM card (note comment above Ref: APNs). The 4G LTE SIM that comes from Verizon will enable you to roam in other networks for both Voice/Data. Don't expect 4G level service overseas. Cheers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma