03-31-2013 09:50 AM
48 12
tools
    I have the ismooth and am pretty impressed by it. I really don't notice it on the phone at all in terms of feel.
    I keep hearing these ismooth are really good. Do they cover the whole front, edge to edge?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-18-2013 04:52 PM
    I used a whole 3 pack of iSmooth Ultra Clear before I got it right but that was my fault and trial and error to test the easiness of iSmooth Protectors.

1.) In a non humid room and I formed dust as to be expected
    2.) In a humid room and all was well but when I pulled the Step 2 (Front) sticker off it peeled back. By the time I noticed this I touched it with my hand so I gave up.
    3.) In a humid room I installed after lining up perfectly and pushed all bubbles out. No issues and went on perfect.

Yes, these are easy to put on. Just be extremely careful pulling the scratch protector off the front after installation as it seems to hang tight and take the protector with it. The feel is excellent and I have an extra pack here in case I need them. Once I'm confident in my installation skills I'll go for the Tempered Glass. Let's see how these hold up though.

These cover a little bit more than the Verizon Protectors vertically but it's about the same horizontally. Remember, this is also good because otherwise many cases may push the protector up.
    03-18-2013 07:01 PM
    I used a whole 3 pack of iSmooth Ultra Clear before I got it right but that was my fault and trial and error to test the easiness of iSmooth Protectors.

1.) In a non humid room and I formed dust as to be expected
    2.) In a humid room and all was well but when I pulled the Step 2 (Front) sticker off it peeled back. By the time I noticed this I touched it with my hand so I gave up.
    3.) In a humid room I installed after lining up perfectly and pushed all bubbles out. No issues and went on perfect.

Yes, these are easy to put on. Just be extremely careful pulling the scratch protector off the front after installation as it seems to hang tight and take the protector with it. The feel is excellent and I have an extra pack here in case I need them. Once I'm confident in my installation skills I'll go for the Tempered Glass. Let's see how these hold up though.

These cover a little bit more than the Verizon Protectors vertically but it's about the same horizontally. Remember, this is also good because otherwise many cases may push the protector up.
    The tempered glass is not the same as far as installing goes. Your technique for the ismooth will not be helpful other then getting your dust free environment. With the tempered glass it's just a matter of holding with one finger on the side with each hand,,, hover over phone very close to phone, line it up and drop,,,, that is it

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    03-19-2013 03:41 PM
    The tempered glass is not the same as far as installing goes. Your technique for the ismooth will not be helpful other then getting your dust free environment. With the tempered glass it's just a matter of holding with one finger on the side with each hand,,, hover over phone very close to phone, line it up and drop,,,, that is it

No bubbles in the tempered glass? Just dust free, line up and drop?

How much does the Tempered cover compared to iSmooth?
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-19-2013 04:28 PM
    Too many negative reviews on all the glass protectors for me... All seem to state sensitivity issues. Plus, seriously, ismooth is so darn good.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-19-2013 04:34 PM
    Too many negative reviews on all the glass protectors for me... All seem to state sensitivity issues. Plus, seriously, ismooth is so darn good.

I wrote a positive review for iSmooth on Amazon and sent an email to them as it was stated in packaging. Their sending me a free pack of protectors for my positive review and I'm listed in a review phase for their products I believe.

How's the iSmooth hold up to the SPen? I have yet to try.
    03-19-2013 04:40 PM
    I do have to admit that I highly prefer a naked screen to iSmooth. These are excellent protectors but nothing beats the feeling of glass. My issue is I use an open face case so I'm leaving it on because I don't want a scratched screen. I still recommend iSmooth if you don't mind plastic protectors though. Just depends how you prefer it to feel.

03-21-2013 01:28 AM
    I do have to admit that I highly prefer a naked screen to iSmooth. These are excellent protectors but nothing beats the feeling of glass. My issue is I use an open face case so I'm leaving it on because I don't want a scratched screen. I still recommend iSmooth if you don't mind plastic protectors though. Just depends how you prefer it to feel.

Me too but I'm not about to go without a screen protector as I'm extremely ocd. Ismooth has top notch support too and for their amazing product i would gladly buy it again.

Ismooth is the best, I'm convinced. I'm considering giving the new seidio one a try but it's going to be difficult to top Ismooth.

03-21-2013 04:02 PM

I hear you,, ismooth was my favorite until I started using one of these. No sensitivity issue at all, none. But you must use what your comfortable with. As for reviews, I had a few different options to chose from and made sure to read many reviews and this had incredibly good reviews.

03-21-2013 06:31 PM
    So you should be in a humid room?
    03-21-2013 06:51 PM
    So you should be in a humid room?
    Well I do that with any screen protector. Why not? Definitely no dust.

universeand likes this.
    03-21-2013 06:55 PM
    I think I might need to pick up one of those tempered glass screen protectors. Had my note 2 since release day and just got my first scratch.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-24-2013 03:55 PM
    I am looking for a screen protector that will fit the whole front of the phone. I have one right now that only fits some of the front, what I want is a screen protector that will fit the whole front from top to bottom! Obviously one that will do what it says too, Protect!
    If you plan on using a case, I would recommend staying away from a full screen cover. The case will peel up the corners of it. The zagg does this. I'm using the one that came with my commuter case. Works great

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    03-24-2013 05:03 PM
    I'm still happy with my zagg, even with the markings from spen, I only see them when I have the phone on an angle.

sent from my galaxy note 2
    03-24-2013 08:54 PM
    I hear you,, ismooth was my favorite until I started using one of these. No sensitivity issue at all, none. But you must use what your comfortable with. As for reviews, I had a few different options to chose from and made sure to read many reviews and this had incredibly good reviews.

I am now an expert in screen protector installs so I feel I'm ready to jump to the tempered glass protector. I don't even do this in a dust free environment. I just tape my protector to my device without removing any of the film so its aligned properly. After doing so I lightly wet a soft clothe with water and clean the screen of any debris. Once done I quickly remove film and seal the protector on.

So easy. Lined up and no dust. Its a good feeling knowing that I can do this easily now.

03-30-2013 02:16 AM
    I am now an expert in screen protector installs so I feel I'm ready to jump to the tempered glass protector. I don't even do this in a dust free environment. I just tape my protector to my device without removing any of the film so its aligned properly. After doing so I lightly wet a soft clothe with water and clean the screen of any debris. Once done I quickly remove film and seal the protector on.

So easy. Lined up and no dust. Its a good feeling knowing that I can do this easily now.

How do you clean your screen if the protector is taped to it and also how do you take the back off the protector if it is taped to the device? EDIT : THOUGHT about this more and I think I understand. You must only tape one side so you can lift it.

03-30-2013 07:03 AM
    How do you clean your screen if the protector is taped to it and also how do you take the back off the protector if it is taped to the device? EDIT : THOUGHT about this more and I think I understand. You must only tape one side so you can lift it.

I use 2 pieces of tape and put them on the top half and bottom half of the protector and wrap around the left hand side of the phone where it attaches to the back cover. Think of the flip cover and how it folds open sorta speak. I lift the protector up, clean the screen, and than pull tab #1 of the protector off and just let it adhere to the phone. Push the bubbles out with my finger/soft clothe and no bubbles or dust and it's aligned perfectly. The tape is used only so that the protector is aligned properly and allows me to quickly slap the protector on my device without worrying about placement.
    03-30-2013 02:11 PM
    I use 2 pieces of tape and put them on the top half and bottom half of the protector and wrap around the left hand side of the phone where it attaches to the back cover. Think of the flip cover and how it folds open sorta speak. I lift the protector up, clean the screen, and than pull tab #1 of the protector off and just let it adhere to the phone. Push the bubbles out with my finger/soft clothe and no bubbles or dust and it's aligned perfectly. The tape is used only so that the protector is aligned properly and allows me to quickly slap the protector on my device without worrying about placement.
    That is quite ingenious. That would work very good with the tempered glass. Well done.

03-30-2013 03:56 PM
    I have finally found a screen protector that covers the whole front of my Note 2 edge to edge! Not only that, it protects my screen very well, leaves no finger prints or scratches from the S pen. It is called IQ Shield that I got from Amazon for only a penny. The only bad thing is that it only comes with one screen protector, it's not hard at all to put on the first time so I guess you really don't need another one,
    03-30-2013 04:29 PM
    That is quite ingenious. That would work very good with the tempered glass. Well done.

A Google search now shows many he done this before but it sure makes things easier. How much of the screen does MIME cover?

03-30-2013 04:33 PM
    My MobC oleophobic protectors came with a little guidance sticker like that and made installing it a snap. Just take a nice hot shower beforehand to build up the humidity in the bathroom and install it right after. It was my first time putting on a screen protector and did it dust free and perfect alignment in two minutes.
    03-30-2013 05:39 PM
    I'm about to order a Tempered Glass Protector but I'm not sure which to order. I've heard great things about the MIME but I am curious about the Seidio protector too. Any experience? Some reviews for Tempered Glass talk about bubbles that can't be removed, lifting of the protector and other things. For $40+ I expect none of this should happen.

03-30-2013 09:18 PM
    I'm about to order a Tempered Glass Protector but I'm not sure which to order. I've heard great things about the MIME but I am curious about the Seidio protector too. Any experience? Some reviews for Tempered Glass talk about bubbles that can't be removed, lifting of the protector and other things. For $40+ I expect none of this should happen.

As said by me in previous post air bubbles that do not initially come out disappear within 48 hours as the directions say will happen with the mime brand.

Eclipse2K likes this.
    03-31-2013 09:50 AM
48 12