Is the Note II faster than the S3 or am I hallucinating?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't normally see much difference in various phones in terms of speed. But I was loading apps on the N2 yesterday and it seemed like it was installing them much faster than the S3 did. Download speeds are the same but the actual was way faster it seemed to me. I am using the US S3. Am I crazy - am I eating too many poppyseed bagels or something?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't normally see much difference in various phones in terms of speed. But I was loading apps on the N2 yesterday and it seemed like it was installing them much faster than the S3 did. Download speeds are the same but the actual was way faster it seemed to me. I am using the US S3. Am I crazy - am I eating too many poppyseed bagels or something?

I would say that you're not crazy. The USA galaxy s3 has a dual core processor and the International gs3 has a quad core processor. The note 2 has a quad core processor and that is in the USA. So you seeing a difference is not surprising.

Sent from my VZW Note 2 using Android Central Forums

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, thanks. I was wondering. I am amazed at how much grunt you can fit in your pocket these days. The first computer I used on a daily basis was the size of a file cabinet, and had 12k of core memory. :)

maryhalltworound

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
OK, thanks. I was wondering. I am amazed at how much grunt you can fit in your pocket these days. The first computer I used on a daily basis was the size of a file cabinet, and had 12k of core memory. :)

I bought a PC for almost $4200 back in 1980(or 1981?). My Note 2 is 100 times more powerful and only cost me under $50.

By comparison, my brand new car at the time cost me a little over $5000. MSRP was $6721 and I still have the original window sticker. (don't have the car anymore, fortunately) :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought a PC for almost $4200 back in 1980(or 1981?). My Note 2 is 100 times more powerful and only cost me under $50.

By comparison, my brand new car at the time cost me a little over $5000. MSRP was $6721 and I still have the original window sticker. (don't have the car anymore, fortunately) :)

And for comparisons sake my car cost close to $33K... Can we go back to those days of cheap cars without changing the value of a dollar?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
And for comparisons sake my car cost close to $33K... Can we go back to those days of cheap cars without changing the value of a dollar?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Sadly, no. On the other hand, my 1976 AMC Gremlin, bought new for $3600, was falling apart after a year. They don't do that anymore - I was lucky to get 60,000 miles on it. The front brake pads fell apart on a long downhill - just disintegrated. And while closing the hood after giving it a tune up (remember those?) the hood FOLDED IN HALF. Yeah, I don't miss those cars :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer