Is there a way to disable home button wake without being rooted?
    I've tried searching everywhere, but all of them are for root users only. Just trying to see if there is a way.

Thanks.
    03-21-2013 02:52 AM
    I've tried searching everywhere, but all of them are for root users only. Just trying to see if there is a way.

Thanks.
    Not unless you want to take your phone apart and remove the switch underneath the button or otherwise physically break the phone. Just curious, why would you want home to not be home?
    03-21-2013 09:41 AM

Thanks.
    why do you want to disable it? The only problem with home button wake is that it changes
    the screen to the home screen, regardless of whatever app/screen you were on. This can
    be easily solved. Just go into S-Voice settings and let the home button activate S-Voice.
    03-21-2013 10:03 AM
    I don't know if this only happens to me, but the home button sometimes bypasses my password lock screen somehow.
    03-21-2013 03:46 PM
    I don't know if this only happens to me, but the home button sometimes bypasses my password lock screen somehow.
    I reported that flaw to Samsung a months ago and got no reply.

Someone else posted the exact problem here and got banned.... It's quite easy to do, but I can't post it... obviously.
    03-21-2013 04:04 PM
    why do you want to disable it?
    because often i take my phone out of pocket and it is burning hot because assumedly the display has been on because the buttons were getting pushed in there. making it more difficult to push them via a case would help but I don't like having a case. phone can barely fit in my pocket as it is.

or if I could disable the home button somehow when asleep that would be one less button to worry about accidentally getting pushed. Enabling home button as S-Voice wouldn't really solve this.
    AlbertSzeel likes this.
    04-01-2013 12:09 PM
    Here is a great tutorial How stop home button from turning on in your pocket - xda-developers
    here's the link to my video tutorial
    06-16-2013 11:27 AM
    I had the same problem...that or when I pulled the phone out of my pocket I would trigger it by hitting the home key. Unfortunately I am pretty certain you need to be rooted. Once rooted its super easy (someone else provided the stepa above). Its one of the first mods I do whenever I flash a new ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    06-23-2013 07:23 AM
    What part of the title of the thread being...

Disable home button wake w/o root

...do those who offer a solution requiring root not understand?
    AlbertSzeel likes this.
    07-02-2013 03:05 PM
    Totaly agree, home-button should have a disable option for waking up the device.

In battery view I see that my screen is on (most of the day), whilst I I have it in my pocket all day
    09-11-2013 03:43 AM
    Hi,
    Just downloaded the Root Explorer on your advice (which cost me money) and the first thing it says, after starting it and pushing Mount R/W, is 'your system seems not to be rooted' please find a way to ..... blabla.

I understood in your video it could be used W/O being ROOTED?
    Kr.
    Marc.
    05-14-2014 06:07 AM
    Unfortunately, I got my S5 in mid March 2015 and it has Android 5.0 and it looks like they got wise to this mod. The file gpio-keys.kl now has a warning/disclaimer at the top and the line now reads "172 HOME WAKE_DROPPED" already. I have experimented with removing "home", all the spaces to the left and right of where "home" used to be and even removed "_dropped" from the right of "wake" and still no luck. Any more ideas? I gotta get rid of the home key waking my phone!
    04-15-2015 04:39 PM
    I found something in the “Generic.kl” it reads at key 172 (home button):
    “#input_fw added wake attribute for home
    Key 172 HOME”

This might be what I'm looking for but I don't know enough about this to mess with it. Any one know?
    04-15-2015 07:21 PM
    Wish people knew the answer to this. I also have an S5 that is frequently on when I take it out of my pocket, likely on account of the home button getting pressed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-16-2016 12:27 PM
    Happens every time i put it in my packet, wastes battery, and my pocket is pushing random buttons for me, yeah! I want the side button to wake my phone, and only the side button.
    You are not the only one. I found dozens of threads on this topic. Samsung and Android should listen.
    01-29-2017 10:32 AM