Making the best of your battery life - Android Authority

Deep Sleep Battery (I have the PRO version) FTW
    03-21-2013 06:04 AM
    I don't know about that. No doubt it saves battery. But when I'm at the end of the day with the Note 2 and still have 75% battery remaining - where on the S3 I have maybe 40% - I don't see a lot of point. This thing is almost a Razr Maxx. And having the phone disabled so it can't get texts is sort of a killer. They say using this app you can get voice calls and alarms, but they don't say anything else. They do make a point that you can't receive email. Doesn't that negate a lot of the purpose of having a smartphone?
    03-21-2013 06:39 AM
    I don't use apps to save battery life since they mostly just turn off the mobile connection. The kernel can do the same thing. I use CPU spy which keeps track of how the CPU is being used and it shows if the device is in deep sleep or what wakes it up like a rogue app. This way I don't turn off any connections, sync everything and still easily get a day or more of battery life. Using the phone is more important than going 3 days on one battery to me.
    03-21-2013 08:51 AM
    I'm going to find out what this battery can do this week. I'm traveling for the first time and left home with 100% battery. I've got 3 hours between the airport and flight today so constant streaming of SiriusXM, phone calls and some Netflix. Thenusic on the 2 hour flight and we will be set. If it lasts at least to my hotel I'll be good. This is on LTE so wish me luck.

I noticed a lot of people already plugging in their iPhone. Haha
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-21-2013 11:33 AM
    I don't know about that. No doubt it saves battery. But when I'm at the end of the day with the Note 2 and still have 75% battery remaining - where on the S3 I have maybe 40% - I don't see a lot of point. This thing is almost a Razr Maxx. And having the phone disabled so it can't get texts is sort of a killer. They say using this app you can get voice calls and alarms, but they don't say anything else. They do make a point that you can't receive email. Doesn't that negate a lot of the purpose of having a smartphone?
    This. If you're like me and most others, you charge your phone when you go to bed then take it off when you leave. I always have about 30% left when I plug it in at night.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-21-2013 03:59 PM
    The referenced article is primarily referring to devices with non-removable batteries which I could see need to utilize battery saving tricks. Whereas you don't need to worry about that so much with the Note 2 as it already gets phenomenal battery life AND provides the option of always having a fully charged spare ready to go. As such, I never tether my phone to a charge or worry about conserving battery as that spare is always there ready to go at any time!
    03-21-2013 04:40 PM