Flip cover preventing one handed use

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried the flip cover from Samsung and find that it makes it very difficult to use the phone. 1 handed operations are cm very difficult and 2 handed typing is tough as well.

Has anyone gotten around issues such as the taking a picture in landscape mode or watching a video in landscape. It's hard to hold even with the cover folded back.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
ditch the cover!

get a good quality case / screen protector should do a better job then the flip cover.

X2.I have a case, screen protector and flygrip. Works great for my needs. I had the flip cover , but it just wasn't working for me. I dropped it a few times and the flip cover for annoying

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm giving it one more shot. If I still can't stand it by tomorrow I'll take it back.

I feel like the back cover of the flip cover is more solid.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm giving it one more shot. If I still can't stand it by tomorrow I'll take it back.

It is more solid but it comes at a cost. If you can't stand the flip cover ditch it. I'm at PAX East right now and I kept texting friends minute after minute to meet up. The Flip Cover would have become annoying when I pulled it from my pocket.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Yes, the back cover is thicker. At first I had my reservations, but now I don't even think about it. To each their own, though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
So aside from the thicker back cover and bit of screen protection what is the point of the flip cover? I guess I don't really get why someone would make their phone so unwieldy on purpose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781