No longer with Verizon, now what to do with this AMAZING device????

dream0fjenni

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
We just got 2 Note 2's and now having to leave the Verizon network. We've gone with Sprint (though I know the service isn't as great, but MUCH less for unlimited), I wanted to see if I can flash from Verizon to Sprint, but I've researched it and it looks like the answer to that is NO! I LOVE my Note 2 but I don't know what to do with it, other then being able to use my apps with wifi. These phones are too amazing and too expensive not to use :(

famouzstarz#AC

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Cannot be flashed to Sprint, But they can be flashed to cricket.
  1. sell on craigslist
  2. sell on here (needs to have a clean MEID to reactivate on vzw)
  3. sell on swappa (needs to have a clean MEID to reactivate on vzw)
  4. sell on ebay

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
We just got 2 Note 2's and now having to leave the Verizon network. We've gone with Sprint (though I know the service isn't as great, but MUCH less for unlimited), I wanted to see if I can flash from Verizon to Sprint, but I've researched it and it looks like the answer to that is NO! I LOVE my Note 2 but I don't know what to do with it, other then being able to use my apps with wifi. These phones are too amazing and too expensive not to use :(

It depends on what you need I guess, i am paying just under $45 for my share of the family line with taxes and discounts, and includes unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE on Verizon. Now, if you need unlimited everything, then yeah, Verizon is gonna cost more, but if you just need unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE, then Verizon doesn't cost that much more.

If you bought the phones new, then you should be able to return them, if you are still within the return period. If you are past 14 days though, then your contract is locked, so you would be better off selling them on ebay or cl and paying etf, if applicable, assuming that you didn't buy from a third party that charges a secondary etf.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
You can also try to get someone to assume your liability but that's only if you're worried about the ETF. For the phones, list them at a decent price on Swappa, CL, or Ebay.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can also try to get someone to assume your liability but that's only if you're worried about the ETF. For the phones, list them at a decent price on Swappa, CL, or Ebay.

If the op has unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE on Verizon, then he should be able to sell his account to make some money. If you don't have unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE, then it would probably be hard to find someone willing to take over your account by itself (i.e. without phones or some other incentive), considering that they would be stuck on contract for quite some time. If the op has an old family plan, then he might be able to sell it as well(or even give it), even without unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE, but much harder

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Why leave Verizon?
Try selling and have buyer meet you at Verizon store. Safe that way

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
trust me, I don't want to leave Verizon, but the plan is so much more expensive then we expected.

I know what u mean. with insurance, 250 text messages per line, we pay over $150 a month for two phones (grandfathered unlimited). if it werent for good signals in every state I've been in, I'd leave Verizon in a heartbeat. coverage great; price dreadful.

dream0fjenni

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
wow, you're lucky! our bill ended up being over $240! that's just for 2 phones with 6 gb's of data... we did get suckered into getting 2 of the galaxy tab 2's because they were on sale, was supposed to be $10/month per, after all the fees and crap they throw on, it was more like over $25/month per. We live in the country and needed more reliable coverage, but I can't justify spending over $100 more a month!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Gotta pick one or the other. Seems like you can't have both here in the US. Unfortunate.

I pay just under $45 for my share of the family plan with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE. On my plan, we have two smartphones and 3 dumb phones. I have looked into cheaper alternatives which offer unlimited unthrottled 4G, even hspa+ or whatever, and could not find a plan that offers unlimited 4G for substantially less than what I am paying. I don't need lots of minutes or texts, those aren't important to me

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
We just got 2 Note 2's and now having to leave the Verizon network. We've gone with Sprint (though I know the service isn't as great, but MUCH less for unlimited)

If you are OK with losing your phone number, you can sell your unlimited VZW data plan.

I wanted to see if I can flash from Verizon to Sprint, but I've researched it and it looks like the answer to that is NO!

You can flash it to Sprint, but Sprint won't let you use it on their network because of the IMEI number not being one of theirs.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
trust me, I don't want to leave Verizon, but the plan is so much more expensive then we expected.

Does your job offer corporate discount? That's a huge help. Also have you figured out how much data the two of you use? Do you have wifi?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

sanchitgrover

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
wow, you're lucky! our bill ended up being over $240! that's just for 2 phones with 6 gb's of data... we did get suckered into getting 2 of the galaxy tab 2's because they were on sale, was supposed to be $10/month per, after all the fees and crap they throw on, it was more like over $25/month per. We live in the country and needed more reliable coverage, but I can't justify spending over $100 more a month!

Hey i would like to buy them , if u want to sell them :) sent u a pm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I had a terrible experience with Verizon as far as customer service and price. Their service is probably the best I've had in San Diego but not worth the ridiculous prices they charge or rude customer service.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums