Voice mail notification

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Recently I have had a voice mail notification stuck in my notifications bar and was wondering how to get rid of it. I have already restarted my phone several times and checked my voice mail to see if I have a message.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
There used to be an option in the voice mail system to (force) turn off the vm notification on your handset. I don't remember where, so you'll have to go thru the menus to see if it's still there.

If that doesn't work, or is not there anymore, call customer service & they can do it.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Recently I have had a voice mail notification stuck in my notifications bar and was wondering how to get rid of it. I have already restarted my phone several times and checked my voice mail to see if I have a message.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Are you using Google Voice for voicemail? If so, sometimes GV can let a call slip through (especially if you reject a call on the first ring or two) and it will go to Verizon voicemail. If that happens, you have to revert back to Verizon VM, delete the message and go back to GV. I think the code is *71 (plus phone #, or GV #) to toggle between the two, but I'm not positive.

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Yea I tried everything I even called costumer service but they said they couldn't do anything. I'll try calling again today, I probably just got someone that doesn't know anything.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Yea I tried everything I even called costumer service but they said they couldn't do anything. I'll try calling again today, I probably just got someone that doesn't know anything.

It's still in the voice mail menu. Go into your voice mail, hit 4, then 1. Hang up & in a few seconds the indicator should go away.

happycheff

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Had this exact problem and we fixed it by going into the running applications menu and doing a 'force stop' to the phone app. the vm notification disappeared and I just rebooted the phone after that to make sure. problem solved!

dansurguy

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting that! I had that problem with my SG S4. Your solution worked, you are also right in that it will come back if you reboot.
But at least it can cleared with your method. Somehow whatever that phone data clearing thing does help as well.
For, the next time I used my voicemail and deleted my message the notification did clear.
So, thanks taking the time to post this clearing method!
Regards
Dan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma