My worst habit I can't seem to break

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Had my note 2 about a month now but I can't break the habit of constantly checking my battery even though I know what I get from it. Its all the thunderbolts fault

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Haha so funny you should say this as I just said to my husband about an hour ago. ..."It is so amazing that I don't even look at my battery now, as I just know I don't have to check it!"

It was 7:30 pm and I had been using my phone since 6:30 am and was at 71%! I too came from a Thunderbolt that I had to put on the charger every chance I got! :)

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
LOL, I was about to post something similar. Even if it's been 8 hours since unplugging from the charger, if I see 75% remaining on the battery I don't think "wow, I have 24 hours left," instead I have a panic attack and think "oh crap, two hours and she's dead...where's the charger?" The really sad thing about this is that I'm really not kidding. Even with the extended battery the T-Bolt would only go maybe half as long and it has scarred me for life...lol! BTW, I have not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE batteries for the Thunderbolt! :eek:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend who hasn't been in his Verizon store to check out phones. He is finally happy as I am!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Exchanged my Tbolt for the Note 2 about a month and yeah, I still find myself reaching for the car charger every time I head for work. :)

Sent using Tapatalk from my Galaxy Note 2.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
LOL, I was about to post something similar. Even if it's been 8 hours since unplugging from the charger, if I see 75% remaining on the battery I don't think "wow, I have 24 hours left," instead I have a panic attack and think "oh crap, two hours and she's dead...where's the charger?" The really sad thing about this is that I'm really not kidding. Even with the extended battery the T-Bolt would only go maybe half as long and it has scarred me for life...lol! BTW, I have not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE batteries for the Thunderbolt! :eek:

believe it or not, right after the ICS OTA was released, and the kernel and radios were put into the custom ROMs, i was getting 20 hrs on my thunderbolt using Santod's unsense rom, but that was on WiFi and 4g would still suck up battery

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
my problem was i was a flashaholic. sometimes id flash 2 or 3 different roms in a day. i never kept the same rom very long lol. thats why im not rooting my note 2, at least for now. its very nice to have a phone that has everything i need without having to flash a custom rom

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Had my note 2 about a month now but I can't break the habit of constantly checking my battery even though I know what I get from it. Its all the thunderbolts fault

LOL, I did that too the first month (came over from the Thunderbolt as well). Can't tell you how sweet it is now to not have to worry about it anymore. One of many things that makes the Note 2 a joy to have and use. :)

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the Droid Charge for a while and I always kept it topped off whenever I could. This is the first phone I don't worry about battery, including several iPhones. I do still check my battery level constantly though. Old habits die hard.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Haha, I also have five batteries for the old Thunderbolt (still have it as a backup). Used to be when it hit 30% I knew I'd have to swap out for a fresh battery soon or tether to a charge. I wasn't always near a charge so I got into the habit of carrying a spare battery with me. Now with the Note 2, I don't do that anymore as it still has quite a while to go yet even at 30%. :)

Josphe72

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Had a HTC Rez:banghead: sooooo....Checking my battery status is actually an enjoyment now with the Note II.

Sent from a VZW stock, locked and bloated Note2

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I still do charge when I go to bed at night my note 2 is usually around 45% at that point. If in over 50% I don't charge it

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I still do charge when I go to bed at night my note 2 is usually around 45% at that point. If in over 50% I don't charge it

I prefer not to tether to a charge, instead swap out for a fresh battery when down to approx. 15-20%. So I use the Samsung Spare Battery Charger (link and pic below) that comes with another stock 3100mAh battery. It also makes a great stand (portrait or landscape). It's easily portable too; sometimes I'll bring it to work to use the stand function (and have an extra battery if needed) during the NFL season when streaming games. :)

Galaxy Note II Spare Battery Charging System: Samsung Note 2 Stand and Spare Battery Charger (3100mAh Battery Included)

EB-H1J9VMAGSTA_1_400_wbattery_1.jpg

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I prefer not to tether to a charge, instead swap out for a fresh battery when down to approx. 15-20%. So I use the Samsung Spare Battery Charger (link and pic below) that comes with another stock 3100mAh battery. It also makes a great stand (portrait or landscape). It's easily portable too; sometimes I'll bring it to work to use the stand function (and have an extra battery if needed) during the NFL season when streaming games. :)

Galaxy Note II Spare Battery Charging System: Samsung Note 2 Stand and Spare Battery Charger (3100mAh Battery Included)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...J9VMAGSTA_1_400_wbattery_1.jpg&token=UE5ZCx5k

What do you mean by tether to a charge? I had one of those for my bolt but I don't see a need for a spare battery on a device getting 27+ hrs

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by tether to a charge? I had one of those for my bolt but I don't see a need for a spare battery on a device getting 27+ hrs

Oh, sorry. I mean the phone itself is never connected (tethered) to a cable or external charging pack. I like that as the phone is always free to be used unencumbered by any wires or something connected to it. Granted the Note 2 gets phenomenal battery life, but I still prefer to have a fully charged spare battery ready to go at a moments notice. Just swap and go! :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams