05-03-2013 05:08 PM
51 123
tools
    Lol damn I just updated my coworkers skyrocket

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2
    04-11-2013 09:13 PM
    Verizon is a joke when it comes to updating. Always has been and we know it. Can't have the cake and eat it. Dang cdma

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    DaRkL3AD3R likes this.
    04-11-2013 09:38 PM
    The theory that the android update is waiting on the S4 makes sense. If the update gives existing phones good features of the S4 then the update might steal sales. If that's the issue then maybe an android update won't come from Samsung for months after the S4 is available for sale. And if the carriers then spend some months tweaking for their purposes may be the upgrade isn't for still more months.
    04-16-2013 05:23 AM
    People over on note2forum are reporting getting a soak test of 4.1.2 on verizon. Beans is working to get a dump of it so we might have it for the Beans ROM soon.
    04-17-2013 05:45 PM
    People over on note2forum are reporting getting a soak test of 4.1.2 on verizon. Beans is working to get a dump of it so we might have it for the Beans ROM soon.
    LOL please tell me you're joking. If this is true...... my god, Verizon really is horrendous fail then.

Edit: to clarify what I mean in this, 4.1.2 has been available for the international Galaxy Note 2 since December 2012. That's over 5 months ago, and Verizon is just pushing it to us now.

People were posting Twitter messages from SamsungMobile's account that said "Note 2/S3 4.2.2 may or june" and were so excited for it. I made comments that "yeah, may or june, for everyone but Verizon."

With Verizon looking to push out 4.1.2, an almost 6 month old update, now at the end of April, well, looks like I was right. It will be 2014 before we see 4.2.2. Think I'm exaggerating? June = 6th month, + 6 months for failVerizon to push it to us = December.

Jesus... why are they so freaking behind.....
    04-20-2013 12:09 AM
    If updates are that important to you, maybe you should have gone with a Nexus device.
    johnriii likes this.
    04-21-2013 12:36 AM
    If updates are that important to you, maybe you should have gone with a Nexus device.
    Lol you mean a different provider. The Verizon Galaxy Nexus was months behind the non-CDMA Nexus in receiving 4.2.

Clearly it's Verizon who's been lagging on updating devices, not the phone OEM's.
    04-21-2013 02:52 PM
    LOL please tell me you're joking. If this is true...... my god, Verizon really is horrendous fail then.
    So, what is it that you believe the update will give you that you don't currently have?
    04-22-2013 09:10 PM
    So, what is it that you believe the update will give you that you don't currently have?
    Brighter screen!

Sent from my Samung "Brick"
    04-22-2013 09:22 PM
    Brighter screen!
    This is one confirmed upgrade, another is the stock Samsung keyboard actually working properly and having auto correct. Yet another fix with the update (that's again, been around since December...) is flash player wierd graphics corruption resolved. Another thing is for those still unrooted and unmodded, the proper multi window application list. A 4.1.2 particular update is the QoL improvement to notification peeking, instead of clumsily using 2 fingers now its just 1.

Yeah, there's a lot things to look forward to. The point is Verizon is cheap and have archaic views on cell phone updates. These are not flip phones were a firmware update is totally unnecessary. Android updates bring very real improvements to the device, and often fix numerous bugs. It's a shame they don't think they matter. That in turn forces me to root my phone and run unofficial software just to stay up to date.

And honestly, with all the other carriers updating devices substantially faster than Verizon, how could anyone defend the one stray ugly duckling in the pack? They need to get with the program and catch up to what the other carriers put out. Once they do, then they will have all fronts as #1. Isn't that a win/win?
    04-24-2013 02:11 PM
    I think the real question is: If updates are that important to you, why haven't you rooted the phone and put your own update on?
    johnriii likes this.
    04-24-2013 03:03 PM
    Not everyone wants to root there phones

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2
    DaRkL3AD3R likes this.
    04-24-2013 03:36 PM
    Brighter screen!

Yay got the update today and it's definitely a brighter screen. Now I'm happy!

05-02-2013 04:55 PM
    Glad to hear that. See but everyone else can claim "my phone is perfect I don't need any updates" and yet, here we are getting very real improvements.

I'm also disgusted that it took Verizon 5 months to get 4.1.2 out to us when meanwhile the International and non-Verizon US carriers are going to be getting 4.2.2 in a few weeks.... sad.
    05-02-2013 06:35 PM
    Glad to hear that. See but everyone else can claim "my phone is perfect I don't need any updates" and yet, here we are getting very real improvements.

I'm also disgusted that it took Verizon 5 months to get 4.1.2 out to us when meanwhile the International and non-Verizon US carriers are going to be getting 4.2.2 in a few weeks.... sad.
    Where did you hear this from, not that I don't believe you, just curious. It is sad and pathetic that all the internationals get "first dibs" on the updates or whatever and then months later we get it.
    05-02-2013 08:41 PM

Yes I still stick with Verizon for quite a while and I realize the updates are very slow but I don't need multi window and all the other stuff so I'm happy with the screen brightness for when I'm outside.

05-02-2013 08:54 PM
    Where did you hear this from, not that I don't believe you, just curious. It is sad and pathetic that all the internationals get "first dibs" on the updates or whatever and then months later we get it.
    Samsung tweeted it back in March I believe, saying that "4.2.2 coming to the Galaxy S3/Note 2 in May/June."

I had said mockingly against Verizon that yeah, May/June for Intl/Non-Verizon US carriers and sure enough, its looking to be on track for my December/January 4.2.2 roll out... we'll be getting Key Lime Pie next summer at this rate rofl
    05-02-2013 10:16 PM
    Google location services is broken! Google Maps doesn't work! Woah is me!

Do we have to wait six months to get Maps back?
    05-02-2013 10:18 PM
    Samsung tweeted it back in March I believe, saying that "4.2.2 coming to the Galaxy S3/Note 2 in May/June."

I had said mockingly against Verizon that yeah, May/June for Intl/Non-Verizon US carriers and sure enough, its looking to be on track for my December/January 4.2.2 roll out... we'll be getting Key Lime Pie next summer at this rate rofl
    Ok I remember that, so if it said that we were getting 4.2.2, then why did we only get 4.1.2? We should have already been running 4.1.2 right from the get go and as of now been updating to 4.2.2! The N2 is such a phenomenal phone that it should be running with the best android version that they have.
    05-02-2013 10:52 PM
    Ok I remember that, so if it said that we were getting 4.2.2, then why did we only get 4.1.2? We should have already been running 4.1.2 right from the get go and as of now been updating to 4.2.2! The N2 is such a phenomenal phone that it should be running with the best android version that they have.
    This is exactly my point. Why Verizon users are always so satisfied with being months behind schedule is beyond me. It's like getting a free upgrade for your car and you would rather hold it off as long as possible because it's just fine right now. So you don't care that your dealership takes forever compared to other dealerships. Makes no sense to me...
    ferndog75 likes this.
    05-03-2013 12:25 AM
    This is exactly my point. Why Verizon users are always so satisfied with being months behind schedule is beyond me. It's like getting a free upgrade for your car and you would rather hold it off as long as possible because it's just fine right now. So you don't care that your dealership takes forever compared to other dealerships. Makes no sense to me...
    You're raging against the machine here. It's not going to change how Verizon rolls out updates. I understand your frustration, but continually complaining about it is only going to drive you mad. Probably best to let it go.

Also understand that not everyone shares your views on software updates. Myself, I'm still satisfied with the original release software (I605VRALJB) as everything works and I'm not looking for any improvements or new features. I'm also rooted and have made various system changes and have the system configuration exactly the way I want it. So until I see a justifiable benefit in the new software to risk any of that, I'm not willing to waste any of my time messing with it and in the meantime am fully content to sit back and just enjoy using my awesome Note 2!
    05-03-2013 07:27 AM
    People don't use Verizon for the latest updates, Verizon is usually the last. If having the latest updates are the most important thing to you then get a GSM Nexus.

With that said, people stay with Verizon for the network.

Sure, it takes longer to get free upgrades, but Verizon has more roads and less potholes than other roads... Really, it just depends on your needs.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    05-03-2013 11:28 AM
    Myself, I'm still satisfied with the original release software (I605VRALJB) as everything works and I'm not looking for any improvements or new features.
    This is what throws me in a loop I just don't get it...

Yes I know Verizon has the best overall network, no doubt about that, but they're also the most expensive network IIRC. Why would we not hold them accountable for better service, even if it comes in the form of updating our devices in a timely manner?
    ferndog75 likes this.
    05-03-2013 02:43 PM
    It's not so much as getting updates for our phones that is getting us all frustrated, it's how VZW handles all of these updates, in a real slow we will take our time manner. If you look at all the other carriers and see that they are getting their updates, and yes it might be for little things, but still it's those little things that those other carriers see how important it is for their customers! They will roll out those updates 'cause it is needed, so why doesn't VZW see it this way and give us those on time updates?! Don't we have the same N2 as the ones on Sprint, AT&T, or T-Mobile...I mean they all come from the same company and from what I read, I see that we all have some of the same issues, but yet we are the last ones to get anything to fix it.
    DaRkL3AD3R likes this.
    05-03-2013 03:05 PM
    Myself, I'm still satisfied with the original release software (I605VRALJB) as everything works and I'm not looking for any improvements or new features.
    This is what throws me in a loop I just don't get it...

Yes I know Verizon has the best overall network, no doubt about that, but they're also the most expensive network IIRC. Why would we not hold them accountable for better service, even if it comes in the form of updating our devices in a timely manner?
    For me there's currently nothing to improve or any needed features to add; my Note 2 has what I want/need and works perfectly for me. To be frank, I'd be happy with it as is until it's replaced by something newer (ex. Note 3).

I also keep in mind that updates are not without risk; example: some are experiencing a soft bricked device (no longer boots). Also an update can cause operational issues that may require a master factory reset to fix or can even introduce bugs that need another update to fix. There can even be negative design changes such as the persistent Smart Stay icon in the notification bar. I need to see enough benefits in an update to justify the risks. I won't just update because there's an update available. This is a major reason I root and disable the OTA updater as I want control over whether or not it will get an update, not Verizon or Samsung. Thus why it's all inconsequential to me how slow Verizon is in releasing updates.
    05-03-2013 03:47 PM
51 123