No news from Verizon...

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering did anybody hear anything about when the next update is going to be rolling for the Note 2?

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
You're going to get pure speculation from anyone on here. Nothing is EVER official with updates and verizon until you see the ever so holy "new update available" notification on your phone. If you're having issues with 4.1.1 or are anxious for software updates you might look into rooting. FWIW

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm just asking I see a lot of updates being pushed out to other phone was just wondering did they forget about us Note 2 owners

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not just saying 4.2.2 in general there are a few phones on Verizon that has been hit with some updates that's all

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not just saying 2.2 in general there are a few phones on Verizon that has been hit with some updates that's all

I don't think we will see anything till 2.2. They did the security patch so I don't think the is anything else to update for

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
What problems is the OP having that they believe an update would repair?

I've never understood the fascination/obsession with updates. Most of them have caused me more grief than relief.

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

I've never understood the fascination/obsession with updates. Most of them have caused me more grief than relief.

I agree. We bought the phone because we liked the features that is has and like it the way it is. I personally don't want my phone messed with, is been my experience that updates do more harm than good. I also don't understand everyone's fascination with updates, it's not like they are going to update our phones with all the new features that newer phones will have. If they did do that why would they even come out with new phones?

Sent thru cyber space by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

See:

Update should be coming soon due to the security flaw that allows bypassing of a PIN. Samsung is working on a fix ASAP and then Verizon should (needs) to be quick about getting it pushed out!

Galaxy Note II security flaw lets intruders gain full device access | The Verge

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I'm not the OP, but I had heard that the update would make the screen brighter. Is this true? Because I love everything about my Note 2 except how dim the screen looks outside! In the sun I can sorta live with it, but I was at the beach on an overcast day and GEEZ, I could barely see anything on the screen while taking some photos!

So, if the update does help the screen brightness, I am all for it!!

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried taking it off auto and manual setting brightness?

Yes thanks. It's always on manual at full brightness.

One thing I forgot to try though is in the camera app. It raises the brightness (digitally) to help viewing outside.

I'll try that soon.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's that way everywhere, except maybe with iOS. The worst is on Crack berry -- people getting their panties all in a bunch over the most inconsequential update that makes no discernible objective difference with the device. 4.1.2 works just fine for me on my Note 2 -- the only thing I have even a passing interest in with 2.2 is the ability to put widgets on the lock screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's that way everywhere, except maybe with iOS. The worst is on Crack berry -- people getting their panties all in a bunch over the most inconsequential update that makes no discernible objective difference with the device. 4.1.2 works just fine for me on my Note 2 -- the only thing I have even a passing interest in with 2.2 is the ability to put widgets on the lock screen.

Yeah I'd be fine with 4.1.2 too... except this is the Verizon Note 2 board... and we don't even have that :p

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
To each their own. :) I'm content with 4.1.1. Everything works and I have no want for new features, so not worried about when Verizon may push out an update. I'm also still on the original software that has the Exynos exploit (I605VRALJB) and have no worries about the unpatched lock screen bypass issue (both are easily mitigated). I'm rooted and even froze the OTA updater to stay on this setup. I'll evaluate any future updates and decide whether they're worth messing with. I do the same with app updates (turn off auto-updating in the Play Store app) and evaluate each update whether or not to install it.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'd be fine with 4.1.2 too... except this is the Verizon Note 2 board... and we don't even have that :p

That's an even more inconsequential upgrade, all things considered. And aren't we all Note 2 owners? These carrier-specific subforums, or at least the concept, never cease to grate -- so few posts (this one excluded obviously) pertain only to carrier-specific situations, and they end up just spreading general Note 2 discussion all over different subforums and the main one.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
That's an even more inconsequential upgrade, all things considered. And aren't we all Note 2 owners? These carrier-specific subforums, or at least the concept, never cease to grate -- so few posts (this one excluded obviously) pertain only to carrier-specific situations, and they end up just spreading general Note 2 discussion all over different subforums and the main one.

Eh 4.1.2 brings one touch notification peeking (where you can expand a notification to show more content/options)

But it's not the bump to Android version I want that update for, I want the fixes it brings over stock. Like cured 240p/480p video playback through Flash in the browser, fixed auto-correct on the Samsung keyboard, and something else that I forget. There are problems that can be addressed in that update, and I'd love to have it. It just sucks that I'm on Verizon and stuck waiting months upon months for them to push anything worthwhile. And when they are forced to update our device, as they were back in January to patch the Exynos abuse exploit, they took that opportunity to re-lock our bootloaders. They're scumbags and if it weren't for that unlimited LTE I'd be gone.

Also, yes it is a pain that there are so many subforums for one phone, but it needs to stay the way it is. ROM's and kernels aren't directly interchangeable due to hardware differences, radio etc, so we must have segregation if only for that sake.

Jaydabee

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Jelly Bean 4.2 will give us the ability to download and use MS Lync 2010 app from the Play Store for one. I use my phone in a corporate environment and cannot use this app to join into meetings like my cow-orkers with iPhone's and iPad's can. I have to physically be on a laptop to view and call into meetings, that sucks. It's also the reason I returned my Galaxy Note 2 tablet; it's doesn't work with 4.1