No news from Verizon...

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I hear May 4.2 is wonderful, I had it on my DNA before I swapped it out for the note. I really miss it.

- - - Updated - - -

greg1mar

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Jelly Bean 4.2 will give us the ability to download and use MS Lync 2010 app from the Play Store for one. I use my phone in a corporate environment and cannot use this app to join into meetings like my cow-orkers with iPhone's and iPad's can. I have to physically be on a laptop to view and call into meetings, that sucks. It's also the reason I returned my Galaxy Note 2 tablet; it's doesn't work with 4.1

If you can get your hands on the .apk, you can install lync2010 on 4.1.1. I have it running now on my Note2 and it works well. If you can download it on another device and copy the apk it should install fine

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is a joke when it comes to updating. Always has been and we know it. Can't have the cake and eat it. Dang cdma

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
The theory that the android update is waiting on the S4 makes sense. If the update gives existing phones good features of the S4 then the update might steal sales. If that's the issue then maybe an android update won't come from Samsung for months after the S4 is available for sale. And if the carriers then spend some months tweaking for their purposes may be the upgrade isn't for still more months.

tfly212

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
People over on note2forum are reporting getting a soak test of 4.1.2 on verizon. Beans is working to get a dump of it so we might have it for the Beans ROM soon.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
People over on note2forum are reporting getting a soak test of 4.1.2 on verizon. Beans is working to get a dump of it so we might have it for the Beans ROM soon.

LOL please tell me you're joking. If this is true...... my god, Verizon really is horrendous fail then.

Edit: to clarify what I mean in this, 4.1.2 has been available for the international Galaxy Note 2 since December 2012. That's over 5 months ago, and Verizon is just pushing it to us now.

People were posting Twitter messages from SamsungMobile's account that said "Note 2/S3 4.2.2 may or june" and were so excited for it. I made comments that "yeah, may or june, for everyone but Verizon."

With Verizon looking to push out 4.1.2, an almost 6 month old update, now at the end of April, well, looks like I was right. It will be 2014 before we see 4.2.2. Think I'm exaggerating? June = 6th month, + 6 months for failVerizon to push it to us = December.

Jesus... why are they so freaking behind.....

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
If updates are that important to you, maybe you should have gone with a Nexus device. :)

Lol you mean a different provider. The Verizon Galaxy Nexus was months behind the non-CDMA Nexus in receiving 4.2.

Clearly it's Verizon who's been lagging on updating devices, not the phone OEM's.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Brighter screen!

This is one confirmed upgrade, another is the stock Samsung keyboard actually working properly and having auto correct. Yet another fix with the update (that's again, been around since December...) is flash player wierd graphics corruption resolved. Another thing is for those still unrooted and unmodded, the proper multi window application list. A 4.1.2 particular update is the QoL improvement to notification peeking, instead of clumsily using 2 fingers now its just 1.

Yeah, there's a lot things to look forward to. The point is Verizon is cheap and have archaic views on cell phone updates. These are not flip phones were a firmware update is totally unnecessary. Android updates bring very real improvements to the device, and often fix numerous bugs. It's a shame they don't think they matter. That in turn forces me to root my phone and run unofficial software just to stay up to date.

And honestly, with all the other carriers updating devices substantially faster than Verizon, how could anyone defend the one stray ugly duckling in the pack? They need to get with the program and catch up to what the other carriers put out. Once they do, then they will have all fronts as #1. Isn't that a win/win?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yay got the update today and it's definitely a brighter screen. Now I'm happy!

Glad to hear that. See but everyone else can claim "my phone is perfect I don't need any updates" and yet, here we are getting very real improvements.

I'm also disgusted that it took Verizon 5 months to get 4.1.2 out to us when meanwhile the International and non-Verizon US carriers are going to be getting 4.2.2 in a few weeks.... sad.

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear that. See but everyone else can claim "my phone is perfect I don't need any updates" and yet, here we are getting very real improvements.

I'm also disgusted that it took Verizon 5 months to get 4.1.2 out to us when meanwhile the International and non-Verizon US carriers are going to be getting 4.2.2 in a few weeks.... sad.

Where did you hear this from, not that I don't believe you, just curious. It is sad and pathetic that all the internationals get "first dibs" on the updates or whatever and then months later we get it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie