No news from Verizon...

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yay got the update today and it's definitely a brighter screen. Now I'm happy!

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

Yes I still stick with Verizon for quite a while and I realize the updates are very slow but I don't need multi window and all the other stuff so I'm happy with the screen brightness for when I'm outside.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Where did you hear this from, not that I don't believe you, just curious. It is sad and pathetic that all the internationals get "first dibs" on the updates or whatever and then months later we get it.

Samsung tweeted it back in March I believe, saying that "4.2.2 coming to the Galaxy S3/Note 2 in May/June."

I had said mockingly against Verizon that yeah, May/June for Intl/Non-Verizon US carriers and sure enough, its looking to be on track for my December/January 4.2.2 roll out... we'll be getting Key Lime Pie next summer at this rate rofl

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Samsung tweeted it back in March I believe, saying that "4.2.2 coming to the Galaxy S3/Note 2 in May/June."

I had said mockingly against Verizon that yeah, May/June for Intl/Non-Verizon US carriers and sure enough, its looking to be on track for my December/January 4.2.2 roll out... we'll be getting Key Lime Pie next summer at this rate rofl

Ok I remember that, so if it said that we were getting 4.2.2, then why did we only get 4.1.2? We should have already been running 4.1.2 right from the get go and as of now been updating to 4.2.2! The N2 is such a phenomenal phone that it should be running with the best android version that they have.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok I remember that, so if it said that we were getting 4.2.2, then why did we only get 4.1.2? We should have already been running 4.1.2 right from the get go and as of now been updating to 4.2.2! The N2 is such a phenomenal phone that it should be running with the best android version that they have.

This is exactly my point. Why Verizon users are always so satisfied with being months behind schedule is beyond me. It's like getting a free upgrade for your car and you would rather hold it off as long as possible because it's just fine right now. So you don't care that your dealership takes forever compared to other dealerships. Makes no sense to me...

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly my point. Why Verizon users are always so satisfied with being months behind schedule is beyond me. It's like getting a free upgrade for your car and you would rather hold it off as long as possible because it's just fine right now. So you don't care that your dealership takes forever compared to other dealerships. Makes no sense to me...

You're raging against the machine here. It's not going to change how Verizon rolls out updates. I understand your frustration, but continually complaining about it is only going to drive you mad. Probably best to let it go. :)

Also understand that not everyone shares your views on software updates. Myself, I'm still satisfied with the original release software (I605VRALJB) as everything works and I'm not looking for any improvements or new features. I'm also rooted and have made various system changes and have the system configuration exactly the way I want it. So until I see a justifiable benefit in the new software to risk any of that, I'm not willing to waste any of my time messing with it and in the meantime am fully content to sit back and just enjoy using my awesome Note 2! :p

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

People don't use Verizon for the latest updates, Verizon is usually the last. If having the latest updates are the most important thing to you then get a GSM Nexus.

With that said, people stay with Verizon for the network.

Sure, it takes longer to get free upgrades, but Verizon has more roads and less potholes than other roads... Really, it just depends on your needs.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Myself, I'm still satisfied with the original release software (I605VRALJB) as everything works and I'm not looking for any improvements or new features.

This is what throws me in a loop :-! I just don't get it...

Yes I know Verizon has the best overall network, no doubt about that, but they're also the most expensive network IIRC. Why would we not hold them accountable for better service, even if it comes in the form of updating our devices in a timely manner?

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
It's not so much as getting updates for our phones that is getting us all frustrated, it's how VZW handles all of these updates, in a real slow we will take our time manner. If you look at all the other carriers and see that they are getting their updates, and yes it might be for little things, but still it's those little things that those other carriers see how important it is for their customers! They will roll out those updates 'cause it is needed, so why doesn't VZW see it this way and give us those on time updates?! Don't we have the same N2 as the ones on Sprint, AT&T, or T-Mobile...I mean they all come from the same company and from what I read, I see that we all have some of the same issues, but yet we are the last ones to get anything to fix it.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Myself, I'm still satisfied with the original release software (I605VRALJB) as everything works and I'm not looking for any improvements or new features.

Yes I know Verizon has the best overall network, no doubt about that, but they're also the most expensive network IIRC. Why would we not hold them accountable for better service, even if it comes in the form of updating our devices in a timely manner?

For me there's currently nothing to improve or any needed features to add; my Note 2 has what I want/need and works perfectly for me. To be frank, I'd be happy with it as is until it's replaced by something newer (ex. Note 3). :)

I also keep in mind that updates are not without risk; example: some are experiencing a soft bricked device (no longer boots). Also an update can cause operational issues that may require a master factory reset to fix or can even introduce bugs that need another update to fix. There can even be negative design changes such as the persistent Smart Stay icon in the notification bar. I need to see enough benefits in an update to justify the risks. I won't just update because there's an update available. This is a major reason I root and disable the OTA updater as I want control over whether or not it will get an update, not Verizon or Samsung. Thus why it's all inconsequential to me how slow Verizon is in releasing updates.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Overall, they are more expensive, but not always. Verizon is cheaper for me than the other carriers based on my usage.

Verizon also doesn't have customer friendly policies, delays in updates is only one thing and to me, not that big of a deal. In any event if you want quick updates and verizon, there are devices that get very quick updates, on par with the other carriers... Up to the individual to decide of course.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz