Google keep

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So here is my question. I am able to sync my Google calender with my wife. So anything I put on my calender she can see and vice versa. Can the same be done with Keep? So we can share lists?

Sent from my Big Red Note 2

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you use the same email address? If you sign in to Google Keep with the same email address on both devices, you'll get the same notes. Besides that you can only share a note, which would only take the list and send it via the sharing options (i.e. email).

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you use the same email address? If you sign in to Google Keep with the same email address on both devices, you'll get the same notes. Besides that you can only share a note, which would only take the list and send it via the sharing options (i.e. email).

Ah I was hoping I could share/sync lists with her like I could with calender. Anytime I put something on calendar it loads right with her calendar. Two separate accounts.

Sent from my Big Red Note 2

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
As for alternatives, I see the following that you may like:

1) You can continue using Google Keep, but for notes create an email specifically for notes that you both share. You can use this account with Google Keep while keeping your email separate.

2) Use Dropbox syncing with apps like Epistle or Draft. You can store the notes in a shared folder that you can both access with separate Dropbox accounts. Epistle was a very basic note taking application which has just recently evolved into the more advanced Draft. While Epistle was free, Draft now costs $2.63.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
The real question is this: Will Google Keep be around in a few years or will it go the way of Google Reader, Google Buzz or Google Wave?

I think I'll stick with Evernote and Color Note until Keep shows it will last.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Or will it stay around like Search, Android, Maps, Documents, YouTube, Gmail, etc?

Nothing will stay around if no one uses it.

To the OP, I'd personally avoid Evernote unless you're willing to pay for it. Evernote doesn't give you offline access to notes so if you don't have a connection up you're out of luck.