Just ordered one from Newegg

navyp220

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
This is the first time I have bought a phone outside a cellphone store, I am used to my instant gratification, for for an upgrade fee for only $169 I had to go with Newegg. I am coming from a Moto RAZR Maxx so I know android pretty good, any must have peripherals, any quirks I need to know about? I already got my 64gb card for it and been downloading digital copies of movies I own for the Note 2.

I read the stock photo gallery is so so. One other quick question how much do you find yourself using the S Pen in the long term. Spoke to a couple of different people and two out of the three said after two weeks when the novelty wore off they were using fingers again.

Thanks.

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
First off, welcome to the Note 2! I suggest using a third party gallery until VZW releases a fix for the stock gallery bug. S-pen is something I use everyday. Love it. It can be used for so many tasks and comes in handy a lot more than you think. If you're a gamer then I'd suggest the MOGA game controller, it will fit the N2. As far as cases etc goes, I'm using a UAG case and love it, stylish and protective. There's tons of others out there that are great. I also have the flip cover which is professional looking and protects the screen. If you're looking for screen protectors I would suggest the Spigen brand. Little pricey but they are good quality.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
i hate to ask because ive had my note 2 abut a month now, but what is the stock gallery bug? i havent noticed any problems

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Welcome and congrats on the Note 2!
May I ask you please, where you get movies in the proper format to download/play on your phone? I used to have some on my Blackberry from a gentlemen in the Crackberry.com forum who formatted them for such.

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
First off, welcome to the Note 2! I suggest using a third party gallery until VZW releases a fix for the stock gallery bug. S-pen is something I use everyday. Love it. It can be used for so many tasks and comes in handy a lot more than you think. If you're a gamer then I'd suggest the MOGA game controller, it will fit the N2. As far as cases etc goes, I'm using a UAG case and love it, stylish and protective. There's tons of others out there that are great. I also have the flip cover which is professional looking and protects the screen. If you're looking for screen protectors I would suggest the Spigen brand. Little pricey but they are good quality.
Are you speaking of the issue that when pictures are sent they show up as videos rather than pictures? You can't pinch make them bigger either. My phone just started doing that.

Margie

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
When connected to wifi the stock app was really sluggish and froze up at times for a lot of us. I'm now rooted and running beans so it's no longer an issue for me. That's great that you aren't affected!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

navyp220

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Welcome and congrats on the Note 2!
May I ask you please, where you get movies in the proper format to download/play on your phone? I used to have some on my Blackberry from a gentlemen in the Crackberry.com forum who formatted them for such.

Margie

I am using digital copies via iTunes and they are being formated as mp4 files. Hoping the work.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought I'd use the pen a lot, but it turns out I don't, really. But that doesn't matter. I came off the S3, which is a really really REALLY nice phone, with supposedly a better screen than the Note 2. I tried going back to the S3 today and that lasted all of about 6 hours. After the N2, nothing else feels adequate. The screen is big and beautiful. The keyboards (ANY keyboard - I have Swype and Swiftkey Flow on board, and have gradually fallen for Swiftkey) is just better with the extra size. It's fast - faster than the S3. It runs forever on a charge. It lasts as long as the Razr MaxxHD did. It's big - but still usable for me with average hands. I just think this is the best phone out there and while right now I'm debating S4 or the HTC One (assuming Verizon carries them) I'm thinking the only phone that I would be happy with as an upgrade would be a N3. I can see why this guy is so popular.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Download something like QQ Player. It can play more or less anything. And congratulations on the N2. If you are like me you will be in love very quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678