the LED flash is too white... is there a way to make the color warmer?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That is an interesting question. I would guess that if the code is open for a developer to create an application to modify the LED power levels to increase and decrease intensities then you have a possible solution. Problem is I'm not sure if this would fall under Android's end or Samsung and possible proprietary files to control camera hardware & software. Then next question is this something that could be done on a stock device or would rooting be required to modify this if possible?

signaltwins

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
That is an interesting question. I would guess that if the code is open for a developer to create an application to modify the LED power levels to increase and decrease intensities then you have a possible solution. Problem is I'm not sure if this would fall under Android's end or Samsung and possible proprietary files to control camera hardware & software. Then next question is this something that could be done on a stock device or would rooting be required to modify this if possible?

I posted this question in a camera forum and most people told me to experiment with camera flash filters. Just use a hole puncher and make tiny flash color filters... these filter sheets apparently only cost a few dollars... I'll get a few different colors and see if that improves anything.... :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Awesome. Please do come back and share your experiences/outcome with everyone.

Good luck.

signaltwins

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Awesome. Please do come back and share your experiences/outcome with everyone.

Good luck.

something like this: $12 on Amazon... but I'm still looking for cheaper alternatives...
will visit my local camera shop to see if they have anything under $2. :) (yes, I'm a certified cheapskate)
Amazon.com: Rosco The Strobist Collection, Strobist 55 Piece Cinegel Filter Kit, 1.5x3.25" to fit most Shoe Mount Strobes.: Camera & Photo
31wHOtqe5kL.jpg

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just a thought:
What about a small piece of yellow Saran Wrap? or the cheap translucent file folders? (lots of different colors and available at any office store)
Just stick a piece over your flash, or if you are using a case just insert it between your phone and the case.

Good Luck

signaltwins

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Just a thought:
What about a small piece of yellow Saran Wrap? or the cheap translucent file folders? (lots of different colors and available at any office store)
Just stick a piece over your flash, or if you are using a case just insert it between your phone and the case.

Good Luck

I decided to cut a tiny piece of clear screen protector. After placing it on the LED flash, I used color dry-erase markers. After trying a few different colors, a light yellow marker worked got me the slightly warm color that I wanted. Total cost: $0. (since I have many unused spare screen protectors and dry-erase markers) :D

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I just tried a few different things (slow day at work)

This a peace of a Mello Yello label I took off of my soda.
It is a little to yellow, but it worked great and gives me some ideas on how to take some different looking pics.

IMG_20000110_122841_zps8056a7fc.jpg

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If you have a case just take a piece of wax paper and put it over the flash under the case. Colors are much warmer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Google filter gels. You can get yellow ones for a couple of bucks that will make about a gazillion tiny flash filters. Or you can take any piece of yellow tinted plastic and stick it over the flash since unlike gels and other lens filters it doesn't need to be optically flat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol