04-21-2013 02:06 PM
44 12
tools
    I am glad I inquired about what people are using. I just may gave to give swiftkey a try.
    I like variety. Thank you!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    04-12-2013 09:20 PM
    SwiftKey is the way to go. The different themes are nice and the prediction is really good. No lag for me with the note 2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    04-13-2013 01:33 PM
    I've been a SwiftKey user for a long time. Great prediction, pretty good themes. I'm also a root user and have Tasker switch to Smart Keyboard (decent prediction, great themes) when I edit a large file. SwiftKey always seems to hang in this situation. (Devs have been notified)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    04-13-2013 03:44 PM
    I used to hate swipe!! But, with SwiftKey and their new flow I love it. The only thing I have noticed is that for SwiftKey is not remembering my words. It used to add them to the dictionary but it's not anymore. So I'm always having to correct the words I would like them to remember

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    gnr_2 likes this.
    04-13-2013 08:53 PM
    SwiftKey and stock via s pen switcher when it's removed, the best of both worlds.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 rockin Beans 12 using Tapatalk 2
    04-13-2013 09:56 PM
    SwiftKey and stock via s pen switcher when it's removed, the best of both worlds.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 rockin Beans 12 using Tapatalk 2
    You're able to get your keyboard to switch when you take out the S-Pen?
    How can I do that as well?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    04-14-2013 08:40 AM
    Like many others, I am using Swiftkey Flow, but would REALLY like an option for a top row of numbers. I voted for it in the forums, we'll see!
    04-14-2013 10:50 AM
    Using the built in Samsung keyboard. Im so glad the numbers are separate.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    04-14-2013 11:07 AM
    My favorite was the Motorola version of Swype on my Droid Bionic. Sadly there is no way for me to put that onto my Note 2. I've been giving SwiftKey a try, but I absolutely hate the automatic word replacement. I can use flow and type in the word I want, you can see on the screen that it got the word correctly, and then BAM it replaces it with a word that it thinks I should use. It amazes me that they do not allow you to turn that feature off. Not sure if I'm going to stay with it or not, I may go back to the more generic version of Swype for that reason alone.
    04-14-2013 12:26 PM
    I must really have CRS disease. I just checked out swiftkey. I completely forgot I had gotten it free last yr when Amazon market offered it. Lol. Silly me....going to give it a try

gnr_2 likes this.
    04-14-2013 10:22 PM
    I must really have CRS disease. I just checked out swiftkey. I completely forgot I had gotten it free last yr when Amazon market offered it. Lol. Silly me....going to give it a try

Ha! I did the same exact thing. It wasn't until others started bringing it up did I remember.
    04-15-2013 02:53 PM
    I use the supplied keyboard from Samsung for 1 reason: Number keys always present.

Also, I like to swipe and it's a pretty good version of swipe.
    Kii keyboard has straight numbers present as well. Plus it has arrow keys. Not the greatest prediction but life is full of compromises is it not?
    04-15-2013 04:49 PM
    Kii keyboard has straight numbers present as well. Plus it has arrow keys. Not the greatest prediction but life is full of compromises is it not?
    I started to use Swiftkey a few days ago & losing the numbers row was one of my main concerns. What I found that works well for me is lowering the long-press time to a point that it takes barely any longer to enter numbers han with dedicated keys. Also, Swiftkey has arrow keys.

What I'm really starting to enjoy is how fast Swiftkey responds compared to hesitations that I experienced a lot with the stock keyboard & how it actually learns words. Even though the stock keyboard has a user dictionary, it doesn't work on my phone.

I'll have to check Kii out if Swiftkey is no longer meeting my needs. Thanks
    04-15-2013 05:02 PM
    I also like Thumb Keyboard because of the custom buttons you can add to the keyboard. I added copy and paste, navigation keys, search, and word deletion. I also like the custom pin shortcut. Allows you to add custom words or phrases that you can always access from the keyboard.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails What keyboard do you prefer and why?-uploadfromtaptalk1366434780849.jpg  
    04-20-2013 12:13 AM
    How do I set what keyboard I want?
    04-20-2013 12:54 PM
    How do I set what keyboard I want?
    Go into Settings > Language and input > under Keyboards and input methods, tap Default > select the one you want
    04-20-2013 01:07 PM

I looked before (probably over a year ago) and they didn't offer it. I only purchace android apps from Amazon's store. I see it's now there so I purchased it and will try it out .What I like about Amazon is once you purchase it you can download it again forever.
    04-21-2013 03:30 AM
    I use Thumb Keyboard on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and my Note II. I have used it for over 2 years (on my old phone first) and wouldn't think of trying another one because I am so proficient with it. I like it because it's so configurable and the number keys are always visible with the layout I use. I have the same layout and settings on both devices.
    04-21-2013 01:14 PM
    Was using swift keyboard for a while. But decided to go back to stock. Not bc I didnt like swift, personally I think its great and I love it. But for some reason I like to have everything stock on this phone. I did the same with my launcher. Removed Nova switching back to touchwiz.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    04-21-2013 02:06 PM
44 12