Internet default doesn't stick, keeps asking me over and over

cccgina1

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
When I click on a link from an email link or bookmark on my note 2, It asks if I want to use the browser or pop up. I choose and click always, then I get the notice about changing my defaults in settings. Next time I hit the link again or a different emaill link, it asks me again what I want to use! This is annoying, because I have to get through those same two screens over and over all the time. I tried resetting all defaults, etc. I can't figure out how to make it stick when I click always. When I go to settings for Internet, it says, no default set.

Thanks!

bpeter

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the Next Launcher? I had the same problem with the Note 2 long before using the launcher and tried (I think) everything up to and including a factory reset (what a pain reloading and reconfiguring everything). Nothing seemed to help; kept getting the same popups asking over and over to set defaults.

I continued to have the same problem even after purchasing and loading the Next Launcher but eventually they came out with an update (patch?) and after loading it, the incessant requests to reestablish defaults stopped.

megamef

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have been having the same problem. Only mines asks me which laucher I want as my default whenever I reset my phone. Everytime I choose Next Launcher, but whenever I do a battey pull or plain reset I'm always prompted to choose between Next Launcher & TouchWiz. I even go to setting and clear defaults for touchwiz. I'm using s3 for verizon. If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo