04-29-2013 09:29 PM
61 123
tools
    Large screen, removable battery, expandable memory, great battery life, good display, S-Pen... I'm completely satisfied for now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    Well said and i could not agree more.

It is about what you want out of a phone, not the latest and greatest.
    The new HTC One and S4 look like awesome devices, but I love what the note 2 offers and it suits my needs better then either of them.
    That could however change with the Note 3 or other large screen device, but for now i am very content with this phone.
    cdf3 and lpt2569 like this.
    04-17-2013 09:24 AM
    answer to OP, no. on a side note, i was just told my someone yesterday, their battery life on their DNA sux. they told me they miss their thunderbolt and being able to use an extended battery. note 2 is best phone ive ever owned
    04-17-2013 09:27 AM
    no regrets here. i doubt Verizon will see the htc one come there way.
    04-17-2013 11:42 AM
    I will never, ever buy a phone without a removable battery. So, that rules out the One.

I waited until the S4 was announced to decide on the Note 2. I have no regret whatsoever. The larger screen is the clincher.

I have a Tab 10.1 so I never watch movies on my phone. Resolution isn't important on my phone.
    04-17-2013 11:50 AM
    I adore my Note 2. Death is all that can separate me from it...and maybe I can be buried with it. lol

And also, I love the software so much that I don't even feel the need to put a custom ROM on it...and THAT is saying something.
    04-17-2013 02:51 PM
    No regrets what so ever! I got the Note 2 the day after the S4 was officially announced.

Sent from my amazing Note 2!
    04-17-2013 03:47 PM
    New phones come out all the time, if you wait for the perfect phone or the next new phone, you'll never buy one.
    Therefore, regretting your choice doesn't make sense.
    cdf3, sicario666 and Alex trebek like this.
    04-17-2013 03:58 PM
    Absolutely best phone I've ever owned. I never second guessed my purchase.
    04-17-2013 04:21 PM
    No regrets here I love everything about my note 2 the screen, the batttery life, the s pen everything I came from a rezound and after all the issues I had with that I dont think ill ever go back to htc and I wouldn't get the s4 because of the smaller screen and the lack of the s pen

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Jude526 likes this.
    04-17-2013 07:05 PM
    I love the high quality big screen of the Note 2 first and foremost. It's the right size for my extensive note taking - not too small like an iPhone, but not too big like a 7" or greater tablet. It's tough to do efficient text swiping on either a small or big keyboard. The big screen makes looking at the occasional You Tube or film preview very nice. Kindle reading is a pleasure. And much less scrolling around on web sites than with a 4 or 4.5" phone. I still need to figure out the camera to get consistently good shots and it really needs Lightflow level notification capability. Too bad a recent Google update hosed Lightflow. But overall I really appreciate this phone/hand computer.
    04-17-2013 08:10 PM
    Phones were a brick and heavier when I had my first cell phone. So big isn't really anything new. I love it and as a phone its amazing

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    04-17-2013 09:06 PM
    Damn thanx for making it harder on me! Lol! My concern is the Note 3 comes out next month or something.
    04-17-2013 09:48 PM
    Damn thanx for making it harder on me! Lol! My concern is the Note 3 comes out next month or something.
    It won't be until later this year, but it should be awesome

Sent from my Note 2
    04-17-2013 09:52 PM
    Phones were a brick and heavier when I had my first cell phone. So big isn't really anything new. I love it and as a phone its amazing

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    i remember going away for a weekend when i was 18 or 19 and taking my father's motorola bag phone with me lol
    04-17-2013 10:03 PM
    It won't be until later this year, but it should be awesome

Sent from my Note 2
    Didn't Verizon just make it harder to early upgrade?
    04-17-2013 10:45 PM
    Very, VERY pleased with my Note 2. I will be upgrading to the Note 3 (as long as it does not get any bigger!)
    04-17-2013 11:43 PM
    I luz my Note II. Luz it. I was so dead set on a Sony phone, but after playing with this in the store, I went back and bought it the next day. The S Pen is my bestest friend, the screen makes my eyeballs feel nice, and the memory/processing power makes my brain go

I was bummed a tiny bit to hear about Samsungs Mega line, but they will launch with dual cores. Still a powerhouse when were talking phones, but the Note II has become a workstation for me. It's absolutely incredible. I'll wont feel the need to upgrade for quite some time. The only thing that would upset me is if they start selling transparent/flexible phones within the next two years.
    04-17-2013 11:57 PM
    ...The only thing that would upset me is if they start selling transparent/flexible phones within the next two years.
    sammobile.com - with good insides to Samsung (they often have leaked Samsung firmware for example) - says that Samsung is having problems encapsulating flexible screen pixels and won't be selling devices with them this year.
    04-18-2013 06:45 PM
    MY note 2 exceeds my needs. I'm really pleased with Samsung's support. I moved from HTC thunderbolt. I did was not pleased with HTC's support. Also, when 1st purchased, HTC promised 4.0 very soon. They kept postponing the date. Screw me once and it is their fault, screw me twice and it is my fault. I am not sorry one bit in my choice of the Note 2.
    Jude526 likes this.
    04-19-2013 10:07 AM
    Didn't Verizon just make it harder to early upgrade?
    That depends on your point of view I guess. Going forward Contract End Dates and Upgrade Dates are going to be the same (24 months)

Anyone whose 20 month mark (the "old" upgrade date) happens before September 1 will not be effected for this change. They can still upgrade at 20 months even of they wait to do so after September 1.. Those whose upgrade dates currently fall after that date will need to wait till the contract end date 4 months later or on the contract end date. In the future everyone will have to wait a full 24 months to upgrade.

This will **** off a lot of the power users and the people in these forums but the vast majority of users will barely notice,
    04-26-2013 12:31 AM
    I regret getting rid of it. I have a DNA now and I'm trying to get myself another note in trade. I liked it when I had it. I need that expandable memory. Battery life was awesome. Although I get great battery life out of my DNA.

I like sense5. I like the screen resolution. It's been a good device. I just miss the s pen and screen size. Amongst other hardware features

Adding my 5sense
    04-26-2013 08:55 AM
    My only regret is that I held on to my Motorola Razar as long as I did. Should have got the note sooner.
    04-26-2013 01:00 PM
    No. I have the Droid DNA, and it's fairly close to the One. There is no question it's a very fine phone. But when I want something to take with me and rely on to do what I need to do, run all day and keep me entertained, it's always going to be the Note 2 that gets grabbed. The only thing I might trade it for will be the N3, or perhaps one of the new big phones Samsung is coming out with. Or (gasp) the new Sony Z, if it will ever be available on Verizon. That looks sweet, the display is great and it's waterproof!
    04-26-2013 04:27 PM
    No. I have the Droid DNA, and it's fairly close to the One. There is no question it's a very fine phone. But when I want something to take with me and rely on to do what I need to do, run all day and keep me entertained, it's always going to be the Note 2 that gets grabbed. The only thing I might trade it for will be the N3, or perhaps one of the new big phones Samsung is coming out with. Or (gasp) the new Sony Z, if it will ever be available on Verizon. That looks sweet, the display is great and it's waterproof!
    The waterproof aspect hurt the display on the Sony . If you're going to go off the beaten path I would look at the LG Optimus pro

Sent from my Note 2
    04-26-2013 05:28 PM
    Nope don't regret it one bit. The GN2 was the best phone out there till the GS4. And with its quad core it will still be great choice for long time.
    04-27-2013 12:52 PM
61 123