Well i am just super disappointed about a couple things.
    1. My phone will not load music onto my car using the usb port. Not that big of an issue because I can use bluetooth but I would enjoy using voice commands to change to different artists instead of having to pull my phone out and play with the music app its dangerous while driving.

2. Siri... I miss having siri during my brief stint with an iPhone 5 for a month before I switched to a note 2. I used it all the time. S voice sucks. Point blank it's awful.

3. No google wallet stock. I jumped from a thunderbolt to an iPhone (crazy I know right) when I got back from Japan and jumped ship for the note 2 a month later after my step dad used wallet on his sprint s3 to find out that google wallet is blocked. And it's still blocked. I don't want to have to root to get something that should just work and the root fix was broken last I checked.

4. The silent phone switch. That thing was super nice and I actually did use it a lot.

5. Face time. How well facetime was integrated into the phones os was really well done. Yes I know I use Google talk or Skype it does kind of the same thing but with all my friends who have apple products facetime was nice.

Last but not least... I'm not trying to bash the note 2 and I've only ever owned one iphone I've had droid since the original moto droid. But some things about this phone drive me nuts that it has capability to do certain things but it's blocked due to one reason or another. I'd be able to justify not using a nfc wallet if my phone just didn't have the capability. The fact we do and there are still no options is mind blowing. If I'm going to be bored with my phone and limited to what I can do I might as well do it on an iPhone. Features and capabilities are pointless and useless if you can't utilize them. It's like having a brand new car and no gas to drive it... Sure you can turn the key on and listen to the radio but it's not taking you anywhere.
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    04-19-2013 04:36 PM
    Isis is easily available for nfc wallet. Despite popular belief, it works everywhere, not just in 2 cities. Widgets could easily fix your silent issue. Use Google now instead of s-voice. As for facetime, make your iPhone friends get Google + lol. In the end, do what fits you best whether it be android or the dark side

04-19-2013 08:08 PM
    I do have widgets but as far as I heard there was no way for Isis without a special sim it was just the integration of those features I mentioned that I liked... Does google now work? Yes with a lot more steps... Can I put my phone on silent? Yes with a lot more steps... Lol i don't know maybe I'm just bored and I want change lol

04-19-2013 08:31 PM
    Didn't all of these problems exist when you bought the N2?
    04-19-2013 10:12 PM
    Didn't all of these problems exist when you bought the N2?
    At least 4 of the 5 did,apparently they weren't an issue until after they bought the phone
    04-19-2013 10:48 PM
    you can add a widget to either the homescreen or lock screen to put the phone in silent mode. I turn off the ringer when i go to work, I just use Tasker to automatically turn off the ringer once I am at work, and automatically turn on the ringer again when I leave work.
    04-19-2013 10:56 PM
    At least 4 of the 5 did,apparently they weren't an issue until after they bought the phone
    ^^^^What he said! Why even switch from the iPhone in the first place?!

Thing about using Google Wallet... Yes, I miss it from my Nexus days but ISIS is more than capable and all it took was a 5 min call to Tech Support (not Customer Svc) and request a special (no charge) SIM card. I received it in 2 days.

And lastly, thanks to NFC (sorry iPhone users), I use TecTiles to automatically switch profiles (Silent or vibrate mode among others) with a simple tap. I have one at work, car and home...
    04-20-2013 06:17 AM
    I'm wondering why the OP switched from the iPhone to begin with? Sounds like the iPhone had everything he needed. I used to do the same thing though. I would like to try out different phones just because I was curious. But now I don't switch unless there is something wrong with the phone or mobile system that I'm using. If you are content with what you have, then don't switch.
    04-20-2013 06:49 AM
    For Google wallet pretty much

04-20-2013 07:43 AM
    If you miss Siri, Try "Robin", I find it better than S-voice

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    04-20-2013 08:06 AM
    For Google wallet pretty much

That's funny because it's been well publicized that google wallet isn't available on this phone.
    04-20-2013 09:54 AM
    2. Siri... I miss having siri during my brief stint with an iPhone 5 for a month before I switched to a note 2. I used it all the time. S voice sucks. Point blank it's awful.
    Did you try using Google Now? It's widely known that Now is superior to Siri and S Voice.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    04-20-2013 09:56 AM
    I traded for the note 2 right when it came out and Verizon had it on the Web page that it was a feature at the time

04-20-2013 02:13 PM
    I'm wondering why the OP switched from the iPhone to begin with? Sounds like the iPhone had everything he needed. I used to do the same thing though. I would like to try out different phones just because I was curious. But now I don't switch unless there is something wrong with the phone or mobile system that I'm using. If you are content with what you have, then don't switch.
    Sometimes you can just be bored with the same phone for years. With the iPhone there really hasn't been major changes throughout the years. Yes, there has been additions such as copy and paste, but overall it feels like the same phone.

So for me, after going through 3 different iPhone versions I felt it was time to change. The Note 2 is my first Android device and I knew there would be limitations coming in, but didn't really care because it was time to switch things up.

My only complaint with the Note 2 is the OP's #1 point. Not knowing much about Android I had no idea of this limitation going in and after not being able to get it to work with my car I did some searching to find out it was indeed a limitation. It was nothing that I'd want to return my Note 2 over, because besides that I love this phone. However, it still is a major pain in the ***. I'm not a fan of AUX because you don't have any control over music. My car has Bluetooth for calls, but doesn't support A2DP so no audio for music. That means I can't use my cars built in controls to go the next song, previous song, etc.

Since getting my Note 2 I believe I've only used it once for music in my car. I might eventually switch to AUX and try the S Voice to see if I can get used to voice commands for music.
    04-20-2013 03:29 PM
    Going from a note 2 to an iphone?

Such s huge downgrade, it's incredible to be but so be it.

Also facetime is to complicated, should be simplified

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    04-20-2013 05:18 PM
    I haven't even tried S-Voice, but Siri is so bad that S-Voice just must be, well, why does it even exist if it's that bad? LOL!
    04-20-2013 06:10 PM

That's your opinion. For some of us, it is an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    alamarco likes this.
    04-20-2013 06:11 PM

Yea a real huge downgrade lol. I couldn't /wouldn't do it. But to each his own.

Sent from my amazing Note 2!
    kustom1955 likes this.
    04-20-2013 07:30 PM
    Yea a real huge downgrade lol. I couldn't /wouldn't do it. But to each his own.

Sent from my amazing Note 2!
    Why do these ex crApple users always feel the need to post "I'm thinking about going back" threads? When they do post these threads it's almost always obvious that they should have never left.

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Technified likes this.
    04-20-2013 07:39 PM
    S-Voice sucks, Google Now is all you need

04-20-2013 07:39 PM
    I've always been an android user... I'm just kind of sick of not being able to use the main feature I wanted from this phone... I've only owned one apple phone the rest have been android since day one... Have you ever tried both? Most people are really quick to bash an iPhone or an android without ever really trying both.

alamarco likes this.
    04-20-2013 09:27 PM
    I've always been an android user... I'm just kind of sick of not being able to use the main feature I wanted from this phone... I've only owned one apple phone the rest have been android since day one... Have you ever tried both? Most people are really quick to bash an iPhone or an android without ever really trying both.

I've not had an iphone but did have an ipod touch and was bored with it shortly after I bought it. It's rather obvious I'm no smart phone expert but to me the blandness of the apple devices is a major turnoff

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    04-20-2013 09:37 PM
    Well said. Every device has it's faults, but some people will blindly follow a device or company and refuse to admit to these faults. I love my Note 2, but it's not perfect.
    04-20-2013 09:39 PM

I've used both and PREFER Android in every way possible. I know some enjoy the simplicity of Apple but I actually find it more complicated. For one, I despise the complexity of iTunes being the go to source. I don't want my songs arranged by iTunes - I want to arrange them by folder myself. Then we go to the iPhone music player. Due to the horrific way of iTunes auto sort, some albums with multiple artists are split. And if you don't like it than oh well. With Android, I didn't like the stock player so I use PlayerPro. The Apple Store was awful orgazation wise and the screen is too small and so is the phone itself in terms of holding.

To each their own. I'm just not a fan of iTunes. That software slightly slows down my PC which is unbelievable and unacceptable. 16 GB of RAM, Intel i7 3930K. No thank you.

All opinions here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    The Hustleman and Aznmrtaxes like this.
    04-21-2013 12:07 AM