Anybody think the "OPEN" & "UNINSTALL" buttons in the new Google Play Store are way too small/close?
    They used to be on the left and right... now they are stacked on top of each other... What was Google
    engineers smoking when they came up with this new design?

On the Note 2, I can barely avoid hitting the wrong one.... can't imagine what it's like on phones with tiny screens under 5 inches.
    04-24-2013 06:31 PM
    use your s pen
    04-24-2013 07:04 PM
    I did like the they other way better, but they are going to constantly make changes and what they 'think' will be improvements. I use the S Pen for everything.

Margie
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    04-24-2013 08:56 PM
    I did like the they other way better, but they are going to constantly make changes and what they 'think' will be improvements. I use the S Pen for everything. Margie
    I use the S Pen for extended text input, or to draw but mostly I use my right pointing finger when interacting with my Note 2, so close buttons could be a problem. So far I haven't been pushed the new Google Play update and I'm not seeking it out either.
    04-24-2013 11:13 PM
    So far I haven't been pushed the new Google Play update and I'm not seeking it out either.
    wait... I thought the update has already been pushed to all Verizon Galaxy Note 2? All three Verizon Note 2s in my family received the Play Store update on Monday. 2 of my co-workers who have the same Verizon Note 2s got it on Sunday and Monday.
    04-24-2013 11:41 PM
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I bet a lot of people with older devices are clicking on the wrong thing...lol!
    04-25-2013 12:50 AM
    I sent Google a complaint about the proximity of those buttons. Those bozos sent me an email closing the matter!!
    04-25-2013 04:53 PM
    wait... I thought the update has already been pushed to all Verizon Galaxy Note 2? All three Verizon Note 2s in my family received the Play Store update on Monday. 2 of my co-workers who have the same Verizon Note 2s got it on Sunday and Monday.
    So the update wouldn't replace the existing icon? I don't see amy other icon for Google Play on my phone other than the one I've had all along.
    04-26-2013 08:55 PM
    I agree the buttons are too close together. Frankly I think the update sucks! Really don't care for the new look; too much white, preferred the previous black tone. Also don't like the increased size and spacing of each app listing under "My Apps". Also in the main interface it often stutters when scrolling up or down; don't remember that happening much before. Ugh, I hate these type of automatic silent updates! I want more control over them, let me decide if I want it or not.
    04-27-2013 07:05 AM
    I agree the buttons are too close together. Frankly I think the update sucks! Really don't care for the new look; too much white, preferred the previous black tone. Also don't like the increased size and spacing of each app listing under "My Apps". Also in the main interface it often stutters when scrolling up or down; don't remember that happening much before. Ugh, I hate these type of automatic silent updates! I want more control over them, let me decide if I want it or not.
    I noticed that in Settings-Applications the Google Play app has a "Uninstall updates" button - but I still have the old app, for some lucky reason I don't have the new version yet.. I would guess that means just uninstalling any Google Play updates.
    04-30-2013 11:33 AM
    I noticed that in Settings-Applications the Google Play app has a "Uninstall updates" button - but I still have the old app, for some lucky reason I don't have the new version yet.. I would guess that means just uninstalling any Google Play updates.
    Thanks. I tried that. But at some point, it silently updated back to the newer version again. Grrr... At least my Note 10.1 tablet still doesn't have the update!
    04-30-2013 11:51 AM
    Anybody think the "OPEN" & "UNINSTALL" buttons in the new Google Play Store are way too small/close?
    They used to be on the left and right... now they are stacked on top of each other... What was Google
    engineers smoking when they came up with this new design?

On the Note 2, I can barely avoid hitting the wrong one.... can't imagine what it's like on phones with tiny screens under 5 inches.
    Well, it seems they were listening. The newest update made them both bigger & spaced them apart a bit more.

Sent from T2 on my N2
    05-18-2013 10:39 PM
    Well, it seems they were listening. The newest update made them both bigger & spaced them apart a bit more.

Sent from T2 on my N2

does anyone get the feeling that Google/Android engineers just put something it WITHOUT letting real people test it first?
    sure glad they are not in charge of designing new cars... or else the "D" and "R" gears will probably be indistinguishable from each other
    05-18-2013 10:45 PM