Contacts disappearing

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
This morning at work I was sending a text to another manager and my contact was missing. I saw my entire address book GONE. I calked Verizon. She had me turn phone off and power back up. It worked. But it did it again. Greer. So going into corporate store tomorrow to trouble shoot. I am going to try a battery and SIM card remove/reboot.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

BlkWolf03

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine has done that 3 or 4 times and it just started in the last week or so. I thought it might be the UberSync app that I am using because I had changed some of the settings on it so I have changed those settings back to default so I can see if it happens again. I got some kind of "parsing" error the first time happened but it seems an immediate reboot fixes it each time.
I would be interested to see if a store has heard of it happening more often too.
I have all my contacts backed up on the sdcard so Im not too worried about it, but it is an annoyance

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Said its a Samsung issue. I plan to email them. Its been good since the soft reset

BlkWolf03

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well cant say that Im surprised they would say its a Samsung issue but I hadnt heard of anyone else with the issue so I was just guessing it was an app I used. Good to know its not just me tho.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I understand. They did all they could looking over my phone. But its been fine now. Lol

grumpyjoe

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Mine did that also. The guys at Zeus Email helped me. Told me to uninstall all the emails on the phone and also any email apps. Reboot. Then add emails one at a time. It's been about 2 months and no trouble. Any other trouble get in touch with the guys at Zeus.
On a side note? They have a great Email app.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

grumpyjoe

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Don't. When I first got mine it was doing the same thing. Took it to Verizon and they gave me another one. Still had trouble. Try what I said and see what that does.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I also did a factory reset. I can't keep losing my contacts. If this occurs with the replacement I will certainly be calling Samsung. I thought for once a problem free device. Other than this...its been perfect.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Were your contacts sync'd with gmail/phone/SIM? If they were gmail sync'd, did they disappear from online as well? Did your gmail messages (assuming you used the acct) disappear as well the same way?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Were your contacts sync'd with gmail/phone/SIM? If they were gmail sync'd, did they disappear from online as well? Did your gmail messages (assuming you used the acct) disappear as well the same way?

My contacts disappear. Address book. Only issue. But that's unacceptable. Lol

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Received my replacement today. Its perfect :)

Nice to hear your replacement is perfect.

Not that you'd want to have to use it, but you do know that you can backup your contacts to your phone storage via the contacts settings menu? It creates a .vcf file that can be imported back into GN2 contacts or into nearly any other contact program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome