Just got a new Note 2 last week and noticed that the phone gets hot just doing nothing. Was sitting on my desk untouched for 3-4 hours and I picked it up and noticed that the back was pretty hot. Is this normal?
    Thanks.
    04-28-2013 12:46 PM
    Definitely not normal. Sounds like an app is stuck or the phone is using data heavily (trying to sync something?) causing the CPU to stay spiked and generating heat. Otherwise, the only time it should get warm is when doing something resource intensive such as a graphics heavy game, streaming video for a while, or using navigation with the GPS on.

You can try an app called CPU Spy (link below) that may be able to help by indicating the state of the quad core CPU's (see if they're in high usage or not).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...k.cpuspy&hl=en

Edit: also check your battery use (Menu, Settings, Battery) as it may indicate what app may be using a lot of battery and could be the culprit. Also data usage (Menu, Settings, Data usage) to see if any particular app is using an abnormal amount of data.
    04-28-2013 01:27 PM
    Could also be a very weak signal. You can look in the battery stats to see battery signal strength

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    omegaboy6 likes this.
    04-28-2013 09:19 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Were you able to fix this problem?
    07-05-2013 01:26 PM
    My Note 2 does the same thing as my Galaxy S3 .... when ever I reboot or switch batteries, I have to go to the Settings/Battery menu & force-stop MEDIA .... then it's ok!

It's a Jelly Bean issue that will never be resolved I guess

Cheers, Jon
    07-05-2013 07:56 PM
    My Note 2 does the same thing as my Galaxy S3 .... when ever I reboot or switch batteries, I have to go to the Settings/Battery menu & force-stop MEDIA .... then it's ok!

It's a Jelly Bean issue that will never be resolved I guess

Cheers, Jon
    That behavior is generally caused by a bad micro sd card.
    07-06-2013 12:10 AM
    Everything about my SD card works perfect. How can it be diagnosed as the issue for sure? Or fixed? Also, never had this issue before Jelly Bean
    07-06-2013 10:08 AM
    Everything about my SD card works perfect. How can it be diagnosed as the issue for sure? Or fixed? Also, never had this issue before Jelly Bean
    You could try to backup all the data on the card and format it in the phone. Swap it with another card and see if the Media still needs to be stopped. There are some other threads discussing this very problem and it was found to be the card causing the issue. There was also a bad batch of a certain card (can't remember which one) that was causing the same issue.
    07-06-2013 11:11 AM
    i have the same problem but i guess that it may be a graphic of the game , also in charging it get hot so i have to power off my phone to get cold will charging . i prefer iphone in this case . thats a problem that no one can fix it even with a app that may control the heat . i think that case companies have to make a cooler case for samsung :P
    08-20-2013 07:54 PM
    Mine got really hot when I was out this past weekend. I was in an area that didn't have a strong 4G signal so I don't know if that had anything to do with it but it sure got hot! I ended up turning my phone off for about 10 minutes to cool it off. When I turned it back on it was fine. Very odd.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    08-21-2013 07:10 AM
    I have been using my Note 2 for 1.5 year plus, now, it get hot very easily. I restart it after a long resting, problem still persist whenever i turn it on. I have installed the CPU spy, it shows the data which I can't understand and don't know what to do to resolve the problem.
    I am not a heavy user, only using apps like whatsapp, wechat, email. The most is the game like candy crush and farm saga.
    What happened to my phone?
    09-26-2014 07:49 PM
    Are there programs rubbing in the background?
    09-29-2014 09:26 AM