Using the Note 2 with no screen protector - How would it hold up?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
If you are using your Note 2 with no screen protector, how is it holding up? Any scratches or damage to your screen over time?

I was thinking about putting a screen protector on but have no idea which one would be the best for the Note 2.
What screen protector would be best for the Note 2?
I would also want one that is easy to remove after it's been on the phone for a while.

Let me know what you think about screen protector vs no screen protector?
Thanks for the help.

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I use the ones from Verizon. I don't use the anti glare ones they make the screen look dirty. I'm pretty good at putting them on so it's almost impossible to tell it's there.

Sent by Accident

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I use the Verizon one mainly because they install it for you. It is easy to remove.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have always been a screen protector type, but a friend of mine convinced me to forgo it by showing how much better it looked without it.

I have been protector-free for about three months and I have no scratches at all. I am not fanatically careful, but I don't put it in the same pocket as my keys.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'd never been a screen protector guy, but that was mostly because I used a pocket pouch for my phone. I bought a pocket pouch for my Note 2, but I never really use it -- the size (and slipperiness) of the Note 2 is such that it's too hard to just whip it out of the case as I'd been used to doing with previous, smaller devices. So I use a TPU bumper case and a screen protector. I can't tell that the screen protector (iSmooth) is there, but as with any screen protector on the Note 2, it doesn't extend all of the way to the edges because the screen is curved at the edges.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I use the Verizon one mainly because they install it for you. It is easy to remove.

Me too. Those guys are experts at installing them and you can't tell they're on the screen. It's about $11 for three and no charge for installation. If your company is a Verizon user you can use your Verizon discount and get them for 25% less.

I put the phone in my pocket and sometimes my keys go in there too. My last phone had "Gorilla Glass" and yet it got scratches. Why take a chance for a few bucks with something you won't even know is there?

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I got one free with the Trident case I bought from ShopAndroid.com (excellent case BTW) and I assume it is the same one you can get in a three pack. It fits extremely well and is perfectly clear and glossy. I have three ZAGG screen protectors, but those tend to not work well with a case, so I haven't installed them yet. To me, even though ZAGG are supposedly the best, they are not smooth (kinda look like an orange peel) and they magnify the appearance of fingerprints on the screen.

I prefer to use a screen protector because I know the moment I go naked, I'll get a huge scratch. I hate a scratched screen. I see it every time I look at my phone. I also enjoy removing an old screen protector and seeing a pristine surface underneath. There is something satisfying about that, so don't deny yourself that pleasure.

Lil tip for installation I learned at CES. Take a piece of packing tape and pat your screen with the sticky side just before you place the protector. It gets all the dust and ensures a flawless install.

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Never used a screen protector and has held up just great. I have a tiny little spot, not sure what happened, but I don't even notice.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the s3 with no screen protector since last July. No major scratches, just a little knicks here and there. I only notice them when the screen is off.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Josphe72

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have three ZAGG screen protectors, but those tend to not work well with a case, so I haven't installed them yet. To me, even though ZAGG are supposedly the best, they are not smooth (kinda look like an orange peel) and they magnify the appearance of fingerprints on the screen.

I just put a Zagg (screen model) on my Note II yesterday and there is an orange peel look to it but it covers the the glass very well. In fact I had a hard time installing it because the fit was so precise. Fingerprints aren't prevalent and I can actually clean the screen with my finger.

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine since launch day with no screen protector or case, only damage I have is a slight scratch that I can only see with the screen off, in bright sunlight and am looking for it.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I've never been a real big fan of screen protectors, but I had seen a lot of positive reviews of the iSmooth brand, so I got one about a month ago. I have to say I'm really pleased with it. I followed the advice of installing it in the bathroom after a shower (so dust doesn't fall on the screen) and it went on beautifully. Because of the shape of the glass on the N2, you can see the edge of the protector a bit (the protector is slightly smaller than the glass), but it's not bad at all and with a case on it almost completely disappears. So far it seems to be holding up well..even with fairly frequent use of the S-Pen, and I don't notice any difference in how how the screen reacts to input or anything.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector, nor have I ever. I cannot recall ever having a scratched screen.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i have never used a screen protector on any device i have owned more than tryign the antiglare for about 2 days and hating it never had scratches or damage but i take small preventive measures like never putting it in a pocket with change or keys or any metals that could scratch it but never took any measures other than that.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
i have never used a screen protector on any device i have owned more than tryign the antiglare for about 2 days and hating it never had scratches or damage but i take small preventive measures like never putting it in a pocket with change or keys or any metals that could scratch it but never took any measures other than that.

Same here. I'm very OCD about protecting my devices which makes up for no screen protector or case. I only use a Monaco vertical pouch to protect it in transport. Otherwise, I prefer to use it naked as I just don't like how a screen protector can affect the screen operation or how a case changes the look and feel of the phone itself.

Last edited:

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i just use the small samsung protective case to give a slightly more solid feel and i hated how the back cover creaks when holding it certain ways.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector and never do. I do however have the flip cover and it keeps the screen clean(Free of fingerprints etc) and I don't have so much as a scratch on my screen. I use my S-Pen quite frequently and in 5 months...everything is still pristine.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector and never do. I do however have the flip cover and it keeps the screen clean(Free of fingerprints etc) and I don't have so much as a scratch on my screen. I use my S-Pen quite frequently and in 5 months...everything is still pristine.

I used the flip cover and within a few days, i had a scratch on my screen because I dropped it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I always use a screen protector. I just use the ones from Verizon. Can't even tell its on.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums