07-28-2013 12:32 PM
50 12
tools
    How did you blow through 23gb of data like wow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    People go through more than that. Maybe you should read through the thread to see how his wife's ex uses her data and you can see that it is very plausible to use 23 gb, or more. If I didn't have wifi my husband and I shared could definitely use 20+ gb per line a month. That being said, we pay for 6 gb shared, and we reach 6gb every month, very often in the first two weeks of the month, even with using WiFi as our primary source of data.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    05-03-2013 02:48 PM
    I would rather save $300. To each his own of course.

The Thunderbolt was horrible, Verizon have me a rezound as a warranty replacement.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    That's good. Verizon gave me a refurb Motorola Droid Razr Maxx phone as replacement, which I'm only using as a music player in the car streaming music wirelessly via Bluetooth. Better than an iPod, haha!

Casey
    05-03-2013 02:50 PM
    How did you blow through 23gb of data like wow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    "PdaNet+"
    05-03-2013 02:54 PM
    That's good. Verizon gave me a refurb Motorola Droid Razr Maxx phone as replacement, which I'm only using as a music player in the car streaming music wirelessly via Bluetooth. Better than an iPod, haha!

Casey
    Holding a coat hanger out the window to pull in a distant FM station while driving in the boonies, is preferable to using an iPod.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    05-03-2013 04:47 PM
    Yeah, that's quite a bit of data. I haven't yet broken 12GB /month.
    Gosh. I'm still trying to get to just 1 GB. :o

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    05-03-2013 05:17 PM
    Gosh. I'm still trying to get to just 1 GB. :o

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    you have this fine phone and don't hardly use it for data? bummer! that's an expensive gadget on any cellular network (the monthly fees) in the US to not be using a decent amount of data. If all u do is make calls a dumb phone can do that.
    05-03-2013 05:21 PM
    you have this fine phone and don't hardly use it for data? bummer! that's an expensive gadget on any cellular network (the monthly fees) in the US to not be using a decent amount of data. If all u do is make calls a dumb phone can do that.
    I Can relate I never really use more than 1gb unless on vacation and for me thats easy because I work monday throigh friday 6am-5pm and I have wifi in my office then I come home to my fios powered wifi 75mbps thanks to one bill so that leave me with 2 days a week to rry and use 2 gb of data and when im out with my fiance or friends id rather be social than glued to my device lol
    05-04-2013 08:58 AM
    I Can relate I never really use more than 1gb unless on vacation and for me thats easy because I work monday throigh friday 6am-5pm and I have wifi in my office then I come home to my fios powered wifi 75mbps thanks to one bill so that leave me with 2 days a week to rry and use 2 gb of data and when im out with my fiance or friends id rather be social than glued to my device lol
    I work from home so use wifi mostly. To be honest, the only month I even went over 500 MB was when I was traveling. I use it for basics, maps, email, bus times, maybe Facebook, and some photos. I don't even use YouTube. LOL I didn't spend much for it. My usage, or lack thereof, is why I couldn't justify spending $300 for a EVO or S3.

05-04-2013 02:35 PM
    See while I may not use a lot of mobile data doesnt mean I dont use this device to its potential and I can easily justify that I purchased it off contract
    05-04-2013 03:23 PM
    I use 50gb of data per month tethering with my note 2 on unlimited data. I will never EVER buy a subsidized phone with verizon EVER again. My bill with vzw is $70/month after all fees and I don't pay for home internet. Whenever they finally kick people off unl data I will immediately cancel vzw and go with straight talk or something similar. I will never EVER sign up for vzw or att's ripoff shared data plans. EVER. did I emphasize that enough? lol
    Casey Cheung and jvbaseball like this.
    05-05-2013 12:29 AM
    She bought it full retail at the Verizon corporate store. Probably a wise decision, since her monthly data usage hovers around 100GB.(more or less)
    Without the unlimited data plane, it will probably cost $1000 a month! Much cheaper to just pay $699 for the Note 2.

For those who were wondering... it's not really my wife's ex-wife, not legally speaking. They were only in a civil union.
    I converted her and married her three years ago. (but they are still best friends, so I don't really care)
    First off, you voluntarily decided to add the relationship info to your thread title. It wasn't pertinent to your question, but I think you definitely got our attention. I'm sure you disagree with me, but someone who has shown interest in the same sex by living with them as a married couple was born that way. You can try to wash it off all you want, but that's how they are, and I think you're in for a lot of surprises. It's just a matter of time before her "friend" ex that she's hanging out with does more with her than talk over coffee, if you know what I mean . So, either embrace it and be the meat in that sandwich, or be a realist and know that something is going to come crashing down

As for Verizon, they have already proven just recently that they can change things that would negatively impact customers, by changing upgrade times from 20 months to 24 months. For a guy that had a phone that was having issues, and was very close to my upgrade, only to have the rug pulled out from under me, I understand.
    05-05-2013 08:27 AM
    First off, you voluntarily decided to add the relationship info to your thread title. It wasn't pertinent to your question, but I think you definitely got our attention. I'm sure you disagree with me, but someone who has shown interest in the same sex by living with them as a married couple was born that way. You can try to wash it off all you want, but that's how they are, and I think you're in for a lot of surprises. It's just a matter of time before her "friend" ex that she's hanging out with does more with her than talk over coffee, if you know what I mean . So, either embrace it and be the meat in that sandwich, or be a realist and know that something is going to come crashing down

As for Verizon, they have already proven just recently that they can change things that would negatively impact customers, by changing upgrade times from 20 months to 24 months. For a guy that had a phone that was having issues, and was very close to my upgrade, only to have the rug pulled out from under me, I understand.
    As for the relationship part I've dated multiple females who were gay(some even played the masculine part but was sexy as a feminine women) and all but 1 came back to men full time. The one that didnt i was the meat in a sandwich for a while lol.As for the usage my cuz down in Louisiana gets that every month with sprint due to the same reason as the op.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    05-05-2013 09:44 AM
    Indeed im in the same boat with unlimited data. I thought we would always be able to keep it.
    05-05-2013 11:50 AM
    Prior to paying full price for my Note 2, I did the math to determine the payback cost. Based on my monthly data usage, plan cost, etc., vs. the full price of the phone, the paypack period was approximately 7 months. Totally worth it for me.
    05-07-2013 03:08 PM
    "Yes, I too paid $699.99 full smacks plus tax for my Verizon Samsung Note 2 in order to keep my (grandfathered) unlimited data plan."

?????What's this all about? Are you saying one has to pay FULL PRICE to keep his old plan?...or is this only with regard to a Note 2? I've replaced several smart phones at a subsidized price and still kept my old unlimited plan. Am I missing something?
    05-08-2013 02:15 PM
    as I understand it, No. I personally would not take the risk of paying full retail to keep unlimited data since there are no guarantees that you will keep unlimited (forever). Thankfully I have a 3 line plan where I only need data on 2 lines (3rd line is a dumbphone that is actually used as a dumbphone). Using the loophole I'm able to keep unlimited on my smartphone lines AND get subsidized pricing.
    Ditto on that exploit. I refuse to be nickel and dimed. I'll kept my unlimited and use the phone as a hotspot for insta internet where ever I am. I'll bang 10gbs a month just to get every pennies worth out of what I give Verizon. LMAO.
    05-08-2013 03:20 PM
    "Yes, I too paid $699.99 full smacks plus tax for my Verizon Samsung Note 2 in order to keep my (grandfathered) unlimited data plan."

?????What's this all about? Are you saying one has to pay FULL PRICE to keep his old plan?...or is this only with regard to a Note 2? I've replaced several smart phones at a subsidized price and still kept my old unlimited plan. Am I missing something?
    when's the last time you upgraded? VZW started forcing people onto their shared data plans and off unlimited as of July 2012. If you upgrade a line at a subsidized price on a phone you WILL lose unlimited data. if you pay full retail price for a phone you can retain unlimited data
    05-08-2013 04:12 PM
    Yeah, just got back from the VZ store and was told this is the case...actually, I haven't upgraded since I bought this phone in Dec 2011....Should I have done something else???? Then I'm told I can't even use my upgrade eligible data card line to buy a new smart phone as I've done a couple of times before. When did THAT change? Maybe it's time for AT&T....????????
    05-08-2013 05:42 PM
    Yeah, just got back from the VZ store and was told this is the case...actually, I haven't upgraded since I bought this phone in Dec 2011....Should I have done something else???? Then I'm told I can't even use my upgrade eligible data card line to buy a new smart phone as I've done a couple of times before. When did THAT change? Maybe it's time for AT&T....????????
    Att is nothing but a blue vzw. U might as well come to sprint or T-Mobile.

05-08-2013 06:24 PM
    Att is nothing but a blue vzw. U might as well come to sprint or T-Mobile.

If you have decent service with either as sprint and tmobile service sucks in most of the country

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    05-08-2013 07:14 PM
    If you have decent service with either as sprint and tmobile service sucks in most of the country

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Well idk bout T-Mobile but sprint is going thru nv no doubt 3g and wimax sucked but lte is a different boat. The lte rollout is nothing like wimax was and when nv hits u will have good 3g also. T-Mobile is adding lte as well but nothing like nv because the 2g area which is a lot will only be 2g as sprint is upgrading almost every tower they own.

05-08-2013 07:50 PM
    the problem with ATT is they slow data speeds down after 5 gb. Best to just buy a used phone and keep your vzw unlimited data as long as possible

Edit: BTW no more unlimited data on att either unless you're grandfathered in.
    05-08-2013 09:38 PM
    Well I'm. With T-mobile now and as u can c there speeds are awesome.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-2013 11:12 PM
    I believe as of may 2013,or thereabouts, vzw customers who are eligible for upgrades on their a. Tablets or b. Air cards, can not upgrade those devices for smartphones. It's only upgradeable to a similar device. IE: aircard for aircard, tablet for tablet.
    I made my upgrade for my note2 using my aircard's line just 1 week before the new policy hit. That's the only reason I know this. Vzw surely didn't make it obvious.

SwiftKey'd from my Bohemoth Note2
    07-28-2013 02:36 AM
    I believe as of may 2013,or thereabouts, vzw customers who are eligible for upgrades on their a. Tablets or b. Air cards, can not upgrade those devices for smartphones. It's only upgradeable to a similar device. IE: aircard for aircard, tablet for tablet.
    I made my upgrade for my note2 using my aircard's line just 1 week before the new policy hit. That's the only reason I know this. Vzw surely didn't make it obvious.

SwiftKey'd from my Bohemoth Note2
    It was in April 2013

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/04/12...s-of-april-15/

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    07-28-2013 12:32 PM
50 12