wife's ex-wife wants to buy Note to at full retail price... does Verizon guarantee unlimited data?

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
as I understand it, No. I personally would not take the risk of paying full retail to keep unlimited data since there are no guarantees that you will keep unlimited (forever). Thankfully I have a 3 line plan where I only need data on 2 lines (3rd line is a dumbphone that is actually used as a dumbphone). Using the loophole I'm able to keep unlimited on my smartphone lines AND get subsidized pricing.

Ditto on that exploit. I refuse to be nickel and dimed. I'll kept my unlimited and use the phone as a hotspot for insta internet where ever I am. I'll bang 10gbs a month just to get every pennies worth out of what I give Verizon. LMAO.

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
"Yes, I too paid $699.99 full smacks plus tax for my Verizon Samsung Note 2 in order to keep my (grandfathered) unlimited data plan."

?????What's this all about? Are you saying one has to pay FULL PRICE to keep his old plan?...or is this only with regard to a Note 2? I've replaced several smart phones at a subsidized price and still kept my old unlimited plan. Am I missing something?

when's the last time you upgraded? VZW started forcing people onto their shared data plans and off unlimited as of July 2012. If you upgrade a line at a subsidized price on a phone you WILL lose unlimited data. if you pay full retail price for a phone you can retain unlimited data

slabman

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, just got back from the VZ store and was told this is the case...actually, I haven't upgraded since I bought this phone in Dec 2011....Should I have done something else???? Then I'm told I can't even use my upgrade eligible data card line to buy a new smart phone as I've done a couple of times before. When did THAT change? Maybe it's time for AT&T....????????

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, just got back from the VZ store and was told this is the case...actually, I haven't upgraded since I bought this phone in Dec 2011....Should I have done something else???? Then I'm told I can't even use my upgrade eligible data card line to buy a new smart phone as I've done a couple of times before. When did THAT change? Maybe it's time for AT&T....????????

Att is nothing but a blue vzw. U might as well come to sprint or T-Mobile.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Att is nothing but a blue vzw. U might as well come to sprint or T-Mobile.

If you have decent service with either as sprint and tmobile service sucks in most of the country

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If you have decent service with either as sprint and tmobile service sucks in most of the country

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Well idk bout T-Mobile but sprint is going thru nv no doubt 3g and wimax sucked but lte is a different boat. The lte rollout is nothing like wimax was and when nv hits u will have good 3g also. T-Mobile is adding lte as well but nothing like nv because the 2g area which is a lot will only be 2g as sprint is upgrading almost every tower they own.

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

the problem with ATT is they slow data speeds down after 5 gb. Best to just buy a used phone and keep your vzw unlimited data as long as possible

Edit: BTW no more unlimited data on att either unless you're grandfathered in.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm. With T-mobile now and as u can c there speeds are awesome.
8ezyrehy.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

I believe as of may 2013,or thereabouts, vzw customers who are eligible for upgrades on their a. Tablets or b. Air cards, can not upgrade those devices for smartphones. It's only upgradeable to a similar device. IE: aircard for aircard, tablet for tablet.
I made my upgrade for my note2 using my aircard's line just 1 week before the new policy hit. That's the only reason I know this. Vzw surely didn't make it obvious.

SwiftKey'd from my Bohemoth Note2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I believe as of may 2013,or thereabouts, vzw customers who are eligible for upgrades on their a. Tablets or b. Air cards, can not upgrade those devices for smartphones. It's only upgradeable to a similar device. IE: aircard for aircard, tablet for tablet.
I made my upgrade for my note2 using my aircard's line just 1 week before the new policy hit. That's the only reason I know this. Vzw surely didn't make it obvious.

SwiftKey'd from my Bohemoth Note2

It was in April 2013

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/04/1...-month-cycle-ne2-credits-gone-as-of-april-15/

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II