06-24-2013 03:33 PM
152 ... 23456 ...
tools
    If the update bricks the phone, flash the .pit file through Odin. Worked for me and the update was there after it rebooted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    My phone was bricked also by this update.
    Can you give us a little more detail on how to flash the PIT file? I have used ODIN to restore my NOTE 2 to factory settings, so I know most of the routine.
    How do you just flash the PIT file?

I see reference to the Re-Partition PIT file in ODIN as noted in the detailed instructions:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...5-12-13-a.html

thanks
    05-03-2013 09:10 AM
    go into ACCOUNTS Google settings -> location and turn it on
    OMG. I can't believe I didn't catch that. The panic must of blinded me. Funny that in Google accounts there's a link to the location menu but not vice versa.
    05-03-2013 09:12 AM
    Anyone getting this error while trying to get the update? 100% stock

Attached Thumbnails Verizon Software Update-uploadfromtaptalk1367593886562.jpg  
    05-03-2013 10:11 AM
    Yes. It's a connectivity error.
    05-03-2013 11:21 AM
    in the camera when you press and hold it automatically does burst shot with 20 pictures
    That is soooooo cool ! I can sure go crazy with rapid firing the camera, haha ! 20 frames burst mode is slick !

This reminds me of my Nikon D2x, a previous generation pro body D-SLR that cost $5,000 back then, and that camera has a burst mode of 11 frames per second when using the crop mode with 50% magnification. Because it's a large and heavy camera, I obviously don't always carry that around with me. But to have burst mode on my cell phone that's always in my pocket is most excellent !

Casey
    05-03-2013 11:24 AM
    My phone was bricked also by this update.
    Can you give us a little more detail on how to flash the PIT file? I have used ODIN to restore my NOTE 2 to factory settings, so I know most of the routine.
    How do you just flash the PIT file?

I see reference to the Re-Partition PIT file in ODIN as noted in the detailed instructions:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...5-12-13-a.html

thanks
    After you download the .pit file and Odin 3.07, plug your phone in and put it in download mode. After the phone is recognized, load the pit file in the repartition box and hit start. Worked quickly for me.

stompit likes this.
    05-03-2013 12:05 PM
    go to settings ---display ----notification panel, you can go down to a minimum amount of icons.....
    That only changes the notification shade, not the notification bar, so the eye will still be there. But I never know about changing around the notification shade icons, so thanks for the tip
    05-03-2013 12:29 PM
    If anything, I think my battery might be a little better since updating. 6.5 hrs I'm at 81%

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk
    05-03-2013 02:10 PM
    awesome news for me: the HOME button now returns me to what app I last had open, instead of to a home screen, when clicking it when the screen is OFF. yeah! I don't like having to use the POWER button to wake up the screen.
    cdf3 likes this.
    05-03-2013 02:25 PM
    awesome news for me: the HOME button now returns me to what app I last had open, instead of to a home screen, when clicking it when the screen is OFF. yeah! I don't like having to use the POWER button to wake up the screen.
    I thought we were always able to do this, I have been waking up my N2 with the home button evere since I had it.
    05-03-2013 02:49 PM
    If anything, I think my battery might be a little better since updating. 6.5 hrs I'm at 81%

Same here. I also think my pandora is syncing with my car faster through blu tooth...... but it's too early to make a determination on that. Things also might be a little faster in general.

So the good news is the phone definitely isn't any worse after the update!

05-03-2013 03:12 PM
    The update went fine for me, but I added the NFC toggle to my notification tray & it doesn't actually toggle it. Would someone test it on theirs to see if it works? Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, I got it to work. I removed it from the tray, restarted the phone, put it back in & now it works.
    05-03-2013 03:18 PM
    No problems with the update.

Biggest and most welcome change for me is that folders now close when launching an app from one on a homescreen. When you close out of the app, the contents of the folder you launched it from aren't displayed.
    nlitenme and rabernet like this.
    05-03-2013 03:33 PM
    My phone has keypad sounds after this update and can't turn them off even though I have them turned off in settings. Any help?
    Sent using my Galaxy Note 2
    Settings---->Language and Input---->Pin Wheel for Samsung Keyboard (Settings)---->Advanced---->Uncheck Key-tap sound
    05-03-2013 03:33 PM

Agree with this - same thing I'm seeing. All subjective, of course.
    05-03-2013 03:34 PM
    No problems with the update.

Biggest and most welcome change for me is that folders now close when launching an app from one on a homescreen. When you close out of the app, the contents of the folder you launched it from aren't displayed.
    Good to know. This is one of the reasons I started using another launcher.
    underdonk likes this.
    05-03-2013 03:42 PM
    I thought we were always able to do this, I have been waking up my N2 with the home button evere since I had it.
    wake up yes; but not to the last used app! it always used to take us to the home screen which isn't what I wanted (i even started a thread about it some time ago)
    05-03-2013 04:45 PM
    For everyone rooted and not having success updating, I'm sure the developers of your choice will have out an updated rom with the update included or a .zip file to flash in recovery later today/evening/night.....
    Not everyone with root is running a custom ROM. Those with an unlocked bootloader with or with a custom ROM should of course not run the OTA. Those with root and a stock locked bootloader who want the OTA and aren't concerned with unlocking their bootloader near term (until a new unlock method for this OTA is released) should use Voodoo Rootkeeper to preserve root. To use it first save root, second temp unroot, third run the OTA and fourth restore root.
    05-03-2013 04:58 PM
    The Eye Of Ra (persistent eye after OTA update) has got to be the dumbest use of notification space to date!
    Here's why IMO:
    Firstly you have to be looking at your screen to see what it does and if you're looking at you're looking at the screen you already have noticed that your screen timeout is about to kick in!

This is so annoying!

I hope someone finds a way to get rid of Ra or at least turn it off or on.
    Irish1842 likes this.
    05-03-2013 05:17 PM
    I had same thing. Called Verizon support they had to over niter me new Note 2 and then once I got the New Note this morning
    I put SIM card in and skipped setup when str8 to Settings> About phone > Check updates and installed 4.1.2 then ounces it finished
    I then formatted phone and set it app up after that works Great now
    05-03-2013 05:56 PM
    Anyone getting this error while trying to get the update? 100% stock

Wait till have LTE again and try again

Vanilla Ice likes this.
    05-03-2013 05:58 PM
    It doesn't work with LTE either. I dont want a refurbished phone due to this problem. Ill try a new SIM card. Maybe that will fix the issue.

05-03-2013 06:38 PM
    After you download the .pit file and Odin 3.07, plug your phone in and put it in download mode. After the phone is recognized, load the pit file in the repartition box and hit start. Worked quickly for me.

Thanks for your help! It fixed the problem in a matter of seconds and Im back in business!
    05-04-2013 08:26 AM
    Hi AParker,

I figured it out last night...the keyboard sounds setting is tucked away in a different spot. I almost forgot I stumbled upon it accidentally when I first got my Note 2. This setting is independent of yesterday's software update.

You need to go into "Language and Input" from the main "Settings" menu. Select the gear icon next to "Samsung keyboard". On the next screen, select the "Advanced" option. On that last screen, you'll find the "Key-tap vibration" option and the "Key-tap" sound option to un-check.

Hope that helps! (Or, hopefully you've already found the answer!)
    05-04-2013 01:39 PM
    Found it thanks!

Sent using my Galaxy Note 2
    05-04-2013 03:33 PM
152 ... 23456 ...