06-24-2013 03:33 PM
152 ... 4567
tools
    How much internal memory do you have available? Charged battery?
    05-11-2013 02:34 PM
    25.3 GB on the sd card. I also tried it with an 8 gb formatted card and a 16 gb card. I tried with the phone plugged in and charging. Tried with 100% battery, 50% battery, etc....Cant figure this one out. Only thing I didnt do is a factory reset and then try. I hate going through the hassle of redoing my whole phone. Thanks!
    05-11-2013 06:07 PM
    Software update
    05-12-2013 04:57 PM
    Software update
    What about it? Or is your first post on this forum spam?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2
    05-12-2013 05:29 PM
    25.3 GB on the sd card. I also tried it with an 8 gb formatted card and a 16 gb card. I tried with the phone plugged in and charging. Tried with 100% battery, 50% battery, etc....Cant figure this one out. Only thing I didnt do is a factory reset and then try. I hate going through the hassle of redoing my whole phone. Thanks!
    It doesn't matter how much memory you have on your external card, it's how much you have available internal. If it's closer to full you won't get the update.
    05-12-2013 08:34 PM
    I deferred my update that downloaded several days ago until I could research for possible pitfalls of it. Did lots of research over the last few days and did my update a few hours ago in this manner. FYI, my phone has never been rooted and is bone stock.

1. Backed up phone with My Backup Pro.
    2. Re-enabled all the built in apps that I had disabled (total of 18).
    3. Rebooted phone (should have just powered down, but wanted to make sure all was well).
    4. Powered down phone and cleared the phone's cache.
    5. Rebooted again and proceeded to install update. Updated failed, I'm guessing because it was stored in the cache?
    6. Went to settings-about phone-software update and downloaded it again. Install went fine- took about 15 minutes including the optimizing of my 189 apps.
    7. Disabled all 18 previously disabled apps and rebooted phone again.
    8. Shut down phone and cleared cache again and rebooted.

Not sure if doing the update this way helped the install, but all is well with my phone. Loving the update so far after a couple of hours messing with it.

05-12-2013 09:47 PM
    It doesn't matter how much memory you have on your external card, it's how much you have available internal. If it's closer to full you won't get the update.

I have 8.64GB available of internal space
    Thanks!
    05-12-2013 09:54 PM
    Prior to update I could take a picture using SVoice. I've double checked my settings - all is in order. Using SVoice, I can wake up my phone, open the camera, but when I say, "shoot, snap or cheese" nothing... anyone else have this issue?
    05-13-2013 01:13 AM
    Anyone figure out why your personalized background pictures in SMS are darker than before? Also, anyone figure out why scrolling through texts lags now since the update?
    05-14-2013 11:15 AM
    Also, anyone figure out why scrolling through texts lags now since the update?
    I heard about this issue before I got the update, but I notice no lag when scrolling through texts or through individual contact's texts. I've tried several different times and all seems fine on my phone after the update. I wiped my phone's cache before and after the update- maybe that has something to do with it.

05-14-2013 11:46 AM
    Is anyone's Note 2 taking a lot longer to charge after the new update?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    05-14-2013 06:51 PM
    I heard about this issue before I got the update, but I notice no lag when scrolling through texts or through individual contact's texts. I've tried several different times and all seems fine on my phone after the update. I wiped my phone's cache before and after the update- maybe that has something to do with it.

What cache were you referring to clearing?
    05-15-2013 09:57 AM
    What cache were you referring to clearing?
    Found this somewhere on the net in another forum and have it saved.

1. Turn off phone

2. Hold volume up key and home key

3. Still holding those keys now press and hold power till you see the green android then release all buttons.

4. Use the volume up and down to highlight the option you want and the power button to select it.

Options when in system recovery:

1. reboot system now
    2. apply update from ADB
    3. apply update from external storage
    4. wipe data/factory reset
    5. wipe cache partition
    6. apply update from cache

Choose option #5- this will not delete any data, it just removes left over junk files from the Android OS. I have wiped this cache on my Android phones on a regular basis for the last couple of years. Choosing the incorrect option above, as in #4, will put phone back to factory defaults, so do this at your own risk and/or back everything up first if you're unsure what to do. After the cache is cleared, choose reboot system now and your phone will boot up normally.

Sent from my Samsung GT 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.
    05-15-2013 01:09 PM
    ^ Thanks! Ill definitely be giving this a try and report back with results.
    05-16-2013 10:51 AM
    ^ Thanks! Ill definitely be giving this a try and report back with results.
    I tried this and my texts are still lagging when I look through what a person has sent me in the messaging app.
    05-17-2013 08:21 AM
    i have...it sucks

05-17-2013 07:09 PM
    I tried this and my texts are still lagging when I look through what a person has sent me in the messaging app.
    Me too. Nothing good for me with this update. If I can't choose the apps I want to run in multiwindow it's useless.
    Way to go Verizon. You screwed up a good thing yet again.
    05-17-2013 07:20 PM
    Me too. Nothing good for me with this update. If I can't choose the apps I want to run in multiwindow it's useless.
    Way to go Verizon. You screwed up a good thing yet again.
    You can choose, so long as the app supports it

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    05-17-2013 07:29 PM
    You can choose, so long as the app supports it

Yep, contact the app developer if there is an app that you want to run in multi-window. More and more developers are including this feature for their apps.

05-17-2013 08:22 PM
    Yep, contact the app developer if there is an app that you want to run in multi-window. More and more developers are including this feature for their apps.

You can also do it yourself.

05-18-2013 12:06 AM
    My phone is faster, battery life is even better than before, and I'm not experiencing any issues with my phone after the update.

100% stock.

I also wiped my cache after the ota though.

05-19-2013 08:05 AM
    What buttons do you hold to get it into the screen that lets you wipe the cache? It changes with every OS it seems. And, will this delete ANY data from anywhere, I.e. sd card, apps, ui setup

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    05-19-2013 10:18 PM
    What buttons do you hold to get it into the screen that lets you wipe the cache? It changes with every OS it seems. And, will this delete ANY data from anywhere, I.e. sd card, apps, ui setup

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    I posted that about 10 posts above (#138).

05-19-2013 11:59 PM
    I posted that about 10 posts above (#138).

I know this, that's why I asked what the button combo is to get to that screen at bootup. Lol

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    05-20-2013 12:43 AM

I have read this in a couple places and dismissed it, but I usually charge my phone overnight. I had the rare occasion over the weekend where i needed to give it some juice during the day. Yes, it took much, much longer for the phone to charge than before the update.

Same charger (stock), etc. than before the update - only thing that changed was the update. Besides this, and I don't really consider it an issue, I have zero problems with the new software. Everything else is spectacular.
    05-21-2013 05:30 AM
152 ... 4567