Verizon Software Update

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This is really bothering me. There is only so much room for notifications to begin with, the last thing I need is an icon for every feature running on the phone. I like smart stay but I may disable it just to free up some space....ugh.

go to settings ---display ----notification panel, you can go down to a minimum amount of icons.....

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
So I downloaded it and it will not override root... It wont let me install the software b.c the device is rooted? Does these mean I need to unroot before or is there a work around?

Rooted devices can't get carrier updates. Need to unroot it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't be doing anything while the phone is updating. No texting. No emailing. Nothing.

cbroussard99

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
New update and still can't get quick commands to work properly.. Glad I spent hard earn money on a phone that doesn't do what it's suppose to do. Gotta love stock phones not functioning like they should.

bigdonpaul

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
My brothers device is bricked somehow. It was 100% stock and never rooted. Samsung logo flashing on start up, any ideas on a fix?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I have the same problem. Just did the update and it is doing the same for me. Flashes the Note 2 opening screen for less than a second over and over.

Shimmy00

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
New update and still can't get quick commands to work properly.. Glad I spent hard earn money on a phone that doesn't do what it's suppose to do. Gotta love stock phones not functioning like they should.

I would reset the device, if that dose not fix the issue. See, if you can exchange it. Hopefully you have insurance thru Verizon. Because, I had my phone for less then 12 months & my GPS has always been "Slow" I thought that was normal until I used my friends Note 2 about 3 months later. So, I called verizon and because it's less then a year old they exchange it as a factory defective. I got a new phone in the mail 2 days later.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
No issues here, update completed fine on my stock device. Seems a bit spunkier. happy to have the additional apps in MultiView, Finally.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
How do I install the ota update if im rooted and using twrp ?

If you're unlocked and rooted, why would you want Verizon's update instead of just using a custom ROM? That's the main reason for unlocking.

FYI to others:
Unless things have changed, being rooting doesn't stop OTA updates. The problems in the past were never that the device was rooted, the problems were either the rooted users deleted pre-installed apps, or they were using a custom recovery.
Many rooted users would accept OTA updates then wonder why they lost root.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would reset the device, if that dose not fix the issue. See, if you can exchange it. Hopefully you have insurance thru Verizon. Because, I had my phone for less then 12 months & my GPS has always been "Slow" I thought that was normal until I used my friends Note 2 about 3 months later. So, I called verizon and because it's less then a year old they exchange it as a factory defective. I got a new phone in the mail 2 days later.

You don't need insurance, defects like this covered under the standard warranty

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
go into goole settings -> location and turn it on

I'm glad you said that because, for me, Google location services never got turned off, and Maps seemed to be fine. I was wondering if I was just missing something. Glad to see that Maps really didn't get crippled.

bigdonpaul

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
If the update bricks the phone, flash the .pit file through Odin. Worked for me and the update was there after it rebooted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

stompit

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
If the update bricks the phone, flash the .pit file through Odin. Worked for me and the update was there after it rebooted.

My phone was bricked also by this update.
Can you give us a little more detail on how to flash the PIT file? I have used ODIN to restore my NOTE 2 to factory settings, so I know most of the routine.
How do you just flash the PIT file?

I see reference to the Re-Partition PIT file in ODIN as noted in the detailed instructions:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...note2-return-100-stock-updated-5-12-13-a.html

thanks

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone getting this error while trying to get the update? 100% stock

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367593886562.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367593886562.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 81

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
in the camera when you press and hold it automatically does burst shot with 20 pictures

That is soooooo cool ! I can sure go crazy with rapid firing the camera, haha ! 20 frames burst mode is slick !

This reminds me of my Nikon D2x, a previous generation pro body D-SLR that cost $5,000 back then, and that camera has a burst mode of 11 frames per second when using the crop mode with 50% magnification. Because it's a large and heavy camera, I obviously don't always carry that around with me. But to have burst mode on my cell phone that's always in my pocket is most excellent !

Casey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22