Verizon Software Update

CAV AV8R

May 5, 2013
Visit site
anyone else having problems with the Swype keyboard since the update?
1) keyboard sometimes doesn't come up (blank area where keyboard should be)
2) keyboard unresponsive for the first 5-10 seconds
3) when switching from landscape to portrait mode, keyboard attempts to stay in landscape mode showing only the left half of the keyboard

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone getting this error while trying to get the update? 100% stock

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I had that issue before. It's most likely a sim card issue. So you will need to get a new sim card and then you can get the update. That's what fixed it for me.

Sent from my jelly bean flavored note 2

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got the update.. not seen any big difference yet except its giving me all the little tips about things like where the apps are lol..
Says im running 4.1.2 diwnload was 289mb I believe

Any differences?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just got the update.. not seen any big difference yet except its giving me all the little tips about things like where the apps are lol..
Says im running 4.1.2 diwnload was 289mb I believe

Any differences?

faster,smoother,more multi window apps, better battery life

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Sounds good to me lol! I didnt have any complaints on the battery.. but better is better lol. Im just now getting time to look at the phone and see if there are many differences

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Holy crap Google Maps is crippled!

Not crippled, just location services. I found the problem. I had to clear my cache in apps and remove Google Maps, reinstall, turn on Google location services from the auto prompt and then reset the device. Everything works now. Just a update glitch I guess.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else having problems getting the Amazon app store to work after this update? I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but after clicking the app icon it will open for a second and then crash.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems getting the Amazon app store to work after this update? I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but after clicking the app icon it will open for a second and then crash.

Try to clear data in the boot loader. Turn the phone off, then while pressing and holding the home and volume up button, press and hold the power button.

When in the menu select clear cache

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else notice that it takes a little longer for the phone to charge

cooladdict

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Dumb question time: I have not been able to access the contents of my SD card since I got this phone (December). I was told that an update would fix that problem. Is this that update? Apparently I am not the only one experiencing this problem, but I can't find any info on it. My phone is reading the card and says it is mounted but I can't access it or transfer to it. Driving me nutz.

se7en5

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
3) when switching from landscape to portrait mode, keyboard attempts to stay in landscape mode showing only the left half of the keyboard

Yes I have that Issue plus My Bluetooth tether to my Im Watch does not work on WiFi which it did before...

stiboost21

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Also, when you set your own background from an image you have( in the stock messaging app) , it is darkened to where it doesn't even look like the same pic. Other than that I seem to be running faster everywhere else.. So far. The background thing happening to anyone else in the messaging app?

This has happened to me as well. I dont understand why they would even give you the option to use your own picture as the background if it is dimmed and you can barely see it. 4.1.1 was fine and the picture was the same brightness as the actual picture you took. 4.1.2 dims this "custom" picture and it is now way less visable. Definitely bothering me as well if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this.

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Any one else having slow web pages since update?
My Web has been going real slow since update. Sometimes it won't even load page.

LordJezo

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Yup, same thing here, keyboard takes a long time to pop up at times and it's quite annoying. Just started after the update.