How do I make the "Stay Awake" option persistant?

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I turn on "Stay Awake" option so that my screen stays on when plugged in. I like it that way and I want it to stay that way. However, every time the phone is rebooted it gets turned off.

Is there a way to keep it on? Is there an app to keep it on?

I am stock and unrooted.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
What exactly is it you want it to do? I know stay awake, but only when you charge it?

My goal is to keep the screen on when it's sitting in my car mount when plugged in. I can do it with "stay awake" but "stay awake" gets unchecked upon phone reboot.

The good news is that I downloaded an app to do it. It works great. In fact, it works better because it never goes into dim mode. Additionally it also has a "stay awake" when on battery which I used to watch GameTracker while at a college softball game yesterday.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Why download an app when it's built into the phone? Look in the Developer options in Settings.

I think if you read my original post you can see that I've been using the stay awake in the developer's settings. Unfortunately, it gets unchecked at every reboot of the phone. If I could keep it checked then I'd certainly use that one.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I think if you read my original post you can see that I've been using the stay awake in the developer's settings. Unfortunately, it gets unchecked at every reboot of the phone. If I could keep it checked then I'd certainly use that one.

Sorry, I misread your post. I also have the bug that doesn't hold settings on restart. Do you use Tasker? There might be a way to do it in there.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I misread your post. I also have the bug that doesn't hold settings on restart. Do you use Tasker? There might be a way to do it in there.

No, I didn't use Tasker. I used an app called Stay Awake (link) that does a fine job. It has only two options: 1) Stay awake while charging and 2) stay awake while on battery.

It's actually better than Stay Awake in the Developer's Options. It' doesn't dim the screen like the built in one. And I actually used Stay Awake on battery for 3 hours on Saturday. Very nice feature.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
No, I didn't use Tasker. I used an app called Stay Awake (link) that does a fine job. It has only two options: 1) Stay awake while charging and 2) stay awake while on battery.

It's actually better than Stay Awake in the Developer's Options. It' doesn't dim the screen like the built in one. And I actually used Stay Awake on battery for 3 hours on Saturday. Very nice feature.

I didn't mean did you use Tasker to stay awake, I meant do you have it to use as sort of an 'override' for the settings on restart & as an alternative. But no problem, it sounds like the app is doing what you want & more. It probably makes sense to stay with it even if you find a solution to the built in setting. Also, hopefully this helps someone else who's been struggling with it.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm just sharing what has worked for me for about 2 years. It's in the top left of my notification bar.

ytasa3aj.jpg