After the new 4.1.2 update, I'm no longer able to access all of my 3rd party keyboards. When I wish to change to another keyboard, I simply pull down the notification shade to access the Choose Input Method window. After the update, the window appears behind the current keyboard, rather than floating on top. Therefore, I'm unable to access keyboards #7 and beyond. In the screen shot, I have Thumb Keyboard Installed, and I can no longer choose it as an option because the menu is not floating on top. I contacted Verizon, but they said I should contact Samsung. Anyone else having this issue after the update?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Unable to access all 3rd party keyboards after 4.1.2 update-uploadfromtaptalk1367621216331.jpg  
    05-03-2013 05:47 PM
    After the new 4.1.2 update, I'm no longer able to access all of my 3rd party keyboards. When I wish to change to another keyboard, I simply pull down the notification shade to access the Choose Input Method window. After the update, the window appears behind the current keyboard, rather than floating on top. Therefore, I'm unable to access keyboards #7 and beyond. In the screen shot, I have Thumb Keyboard Installed, and I can no longer choose it as an option because the menu is not floating on top. I contacted Verizon, but they said I should contact Samsung. Anyone else having this issue after the update?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    Nope, swiftkey working as always!!

sorry, just reread your post...again nope, the keyboard choices are floating on top of the keyboard already selected. did you try rebooting?
    05-03-2013 08:13 PM
    Can you post a screen shot?
    What size font are you using? Settings.. Display.. Font.. Font size...

Posted via Android Central App
    05-03-2013 09:16 PM
    Can you post a screen shot?
    What size font are you using? Settings.. Display.. Font.. Font size...

Posted via Android Central App
    The screen shot should be visible in the original post.
    I had to do a factory reset in order to get it to float again.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    05-03-2013 09:28 PM
    Mine hadn't changed! That's weird.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    05-03-2013 10:26 PM
    It was working as it should after a factory reset. Now, the problem has surfaced again. It's no longer floating on top.

05-03-2013 10:54 PM
    After troubleshooting running apps, I think the app that's causing the issue is the Pie Control app.

05-03-2013 11:09 PM
    I got a alcatel one touch evolve 3g at best buy for 50 dollars. Also has 4.1.2. I don't have this issue. I installed a bunch of keyboards just to see and this issue does not exists. The issue I have is that I can't select a keyboard. I can enable them in the settings but I can't select it anywhere (the default keyboard for use). Long pressing does not bring up a keyboard symbol.

I found the answer however. When you make the lock screen a password you get the symbol and can select a default password. Or I installed "pink keyboard" and that came with a utility to enable the keyboard and set the default. So all is good now.

But I just get a list and after installing more than the screen can display is just scrolls up and down. Not hiding behind a keyboard like in the screenshot here. Unless each manufacture modifies the system to their liking.

Why can't it be more like apple? Every version of IOS is the same on all phones. Makes giving directions so much easier.
    11-19-2013 11:53 AM