How Do I Get Rid Of This Goofy Blue Multi Window Tab On The Side?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see there was a solution for getting rid of this. I agree with the "Multi-Window is a useless Samsung gimmick" I just had my Samsung Victory fail and was forced into buying a Galaxy S3 (Victory is no longer available in Sprint Stores)...which has proven that bigger is NOT better. So many poorly designed "features" on this phone...I loved my Victory..i HATE this S3! Awkwardly placed and hard to press power button...a physical Home button that is a pain in the *** to push compared to the Touch Screen button on the Victory, the stupidly large size of this phone (like carrying around a damn ping pong paddle), no dedicated camera button...a volume button that has no "feel" to it...and then this awful side tab and useless multi-task "feature"...after three days of accidentally opening it every time I swiped or moved an App I was ready to drive over this phone. Now if I could get rid of the avalanche of useless Samsung and Sprint applications without having to take the time to root my phone...I'd be much happier with it! Why is it the manufacturers insist on making the most useless crap on our phones the most difficult to get rid of? Do they think we are so stupid that we will use any crap they force on us if we can't get rid of it?

You seem like a person that doesn't adapt well to change.

My girlfriend just switched from the iPhone to the Galaxy S3 and she has none of the complaints that you have, neither did I when I switched from Windows mobile to Android years ago.

I use the multi window feature at least every other week. It obviously isn't necessary but it is convenient.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I thought multi Window was a gimmick until I had a situation today where it was legitimately useful. Doing an interview with someone I had the questions in one window and evernote in the other to jot down notes. Didn't have to switch apps every time I asked a new question.

But for the most part I don't use the feature much. It did come in handy today though.

Noted via tapatalk

Danifox6

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank GOD for that. This was seriously bugging me !!! This phone is nuts, I crazily miss my Blackberry :'(, I have now discovered that it wasn't that bad at all :eek: I miss my keyboard as I really dont like typing with typos and constantly altering them, it takes me double the time to type anything now. I HATE not being able to put the phone down quickly, many times it comes out of the phone function and it's 3 keys strokes to get back to it, where as Bberry was 1. I loved the size of the S3 at first but i never drop my phone and have dropped this one stacks, maybe due to size :( I do love the camera though.........battery is just as bad as Bberry. and why oh WHY doesnt the phone turn on when the alarm is set !?!? Twice i overslept now have to leave my phone on ......yes i know I could probably download an app, but i didnt have to with my Bberry and that is supposedly a crap phone.......ho hum :)

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Love the multi window, I use it every day with my calendar app and Calculator app.

If you don't like it, don't use it. No need to complain about it so vehemently, geesh.

Sent via Note II

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I guess I don't understand the Multi Window. It's just one way to switch between apps, right? It seems like you can achieve the same results by holding down the home button until it displays the list of recently used apps and then selecting the desired app. What am I missing?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Actually you have two apps open on one screen and can switch between them in the same window.

yte9uha9.jpg

Sent via Note II

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I guess I don't understand the Multi Window. It's just one way to switch between apps, right? It seems like you can achieve the same results by holding down the home button until it displays the list of recently used apps and then selecting the desired app. What am I missing?

I use it mainly when paying bills. I have my excel spreadsheet on one side of the screen and my web browser on the other side.
I don't have to switch back and forth between apps to see what bill is due and how much, it's all on one screen.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
When I try to use Multi Window, any app I select from the window bar displays in full screen. How do I make them display in 1/2 screen mode, so I can display two at a time? And am I limited to two?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
When I try to use Multi Window, any app I select from the window bar displays in full screen. How do I make them display in 1/2 screen mode, so I can display two at a time? And am I limited to two?

Yes, you are limited to two apps. To get them both to show you launch one app from the multi window tab, then drag the 2nd one from the tab onto the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc