Virtual SD card is blocking the real one

uubooker

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
This has actually been an issue since I first got my Note 2 in December, but I've finally reached the point that I need to fix it. When I got the phone, I plugged in my old SD card from an HTC Thunderbolt thinking I could bring my music/pictures/etc with me. What happened instead of adopting the new card, however, was the Note decided to create multiple "extcard" and "sdcard0" folders. The long story short is now I have a cleanly formatted SD card that is still not recognized by the OS as a valid place to put things, and the internal storage of my phone is split between at least two "extcard" and "sdcard0" directories, all of which has filled up the 16gb capacity.

So my question is twofold: what could have caused this, and how can I fix it without doing a complete wipe of my phone?

Any and all help would be nice...I have searched for an answer for awhile but have not found this particular problem.

Thanks in advance!

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
SdcardO is Phone Storage.. You now have 2 internal storage locations now.. 1 requires root to modify most of it and contains sys files.. The other is otherwise editable

Ext_sd is the actual card...

Google changed partition assignments a few versions ago..

uubooker

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The problem that I am running into is the phone does not recognize the real SD card as a place to put things. I get messages such as "...the device does not have a real primary external storage, or the primary external storage is emulated..."

Cant put music there, apps there, etc. For some reason, and for a limited period of time, the camera saved new photos there but no longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac