I am getting my galaxy note II today. I got it on ebay and comes loaded with jellybeans installed.

Since I am new I want to have the full touchwiz interface plus all the feature improvements that can be thrown at it. not big on system tweaking (kernels) skinning and themes though.

so for people leaning this direction what would you suggest?
    05-08-2013 12:29 PM
    I am getting my galaxy note II today. I got it on ebay and comes loaded with jellybeans installed.

Since I am new I want to have the full touchwiz interface plus all the feature improvements that can be thrown at it. not big on system tweaking (kernels) skinning and themes though.

Wipe that puppy like it was used in a crime, then update to the latest Beans latest ROM.

P.S. you might want to start ROM based threads in the ROM section. Some people don't like us coming out of the back-room lol
    lpt2569 likes this.
    05-08-2013 12:46 PM
    Wipe that puppy like it was used in a crime, then update to the latest Beans latest ROM.

P.S. you might want to start ROM based threads in the ROM section. Some people don't like us coming out of the back-room lol
    LOL....Great and good advice

I say keep it on there.
    It has all the features of touchwiz and a bunch of other tweaks you can make.
    With a little practice it is easy to update and gives you a lot more options then just stock.

I have JellyBeans as my rom right now. Love it.
    lpt2569 likes this.
    05-08-2013 12:51 PM

I would keep JellyBeans ROM on there for now. As bakerbert said, it keeps all the features of touchwiz and adds some customizations not available on stock TouchWiz

You can still wipe the phone to clean it up, as MrSmith suggested, without wiping the ROM from your phone. If you want to go that route, we can walk you through getting it done in the custom recovery on your device.
    05-08-2013 01:38 PM
    Thanks for the input. I just wanted to make sure the person didn't have some crazy stuff on there that wouldn't be what I was looking for. I used Android and have rooted several phones so wiping it wont be an issue. all I need to figure out is how to get into recovery. I will leave Jellybeans on there and get the latest update. Thanks a ton. Still watching the mailbox for the postman though :-/ always the worst part.
    lpt2569 likes this.
    05-08-2013 01:45 PM
    Good choice on buying this phone and keeping it rooted.
    you will love it!!!

Jellybeans ROM has the option to boot in to recovery from the power menu
    or to manually boot in to recovery mode: volume UP + home button + power
    lpt2569 likes this.
    05-08-2013 02:11 PM
    Thanks for the input. I just wanted to make sure the person didn't have some crazy stuff on there that wouldn't be what I was looking for. I used Android and have rooted several phones so wiping it wont be an issue. all I need to figure out is how to get into recovery. I will leave Jellybeans on there and get the latest update. Thanks a ton. Still watching the mailbox for the postman though :-/ always the worst part.
    EDIT: bakerbert beat me to it!! What he said!
    05-08-2013 02:13 PM
    I am using Clean Rom SE 3.1. It's based on Verizon's latest 4.1.2 update. Super stable & battery life is excellent. I've also used MeanBean's roms with similar results.
    05-08-2013 05:48 PM