How many hours should the battery last when using
    Google Navigation in the car without a DC adapter?

I was driving from Boston to Philly last week. My Note 2 was fully charged when I left.
    Unfortunately, I forgot the DC adapter because I loaned it to a neighbor.

I set the location in Google Navigation. After about 3 hours of driving, my Note 2's battery
    meter went down to 10 percent. The screen was set to dim when no directions were given.

I do realize that GPS and the screen(even when dimmed) use quite a bit of juice. However,
    3 hours seemed quite short to me. At the next rest stop, I swapped the battery for a
    charged one that I carried in my pocket.

So glad that Samsung isn't like HTC or Apple(with their non-replaceable batteries)
    I stopped in NYC to have lunch and picked up a DC adapter at a Best Buy store
    acroos the street.
    05-08-2013 03:17 PM
    I'd say 3 hours sounds about right and is pretty decent considering what you're asking of it. While using navigation you have constant GPS usage, constant data usage and the screen constantly on.
    05-10-2013 01:07 AM
    Keep in mind that you don't need the screen on the entire time. The navigation app will continue to run in the background, and alert you of upcoming turns. For instance, if your next turn isn't until 50 miles, you could turn the screen off, then turn it back on around mile marker 48 if you would like to visually see the upcoming turn. If not, you could leave the screen off, and let it continue to talk to you. That would save you quite a bit of juice.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    05-11-2013 08:28 PM