Verizon 4.1.2 update failed on a rooted phone

Tracy Lin

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a rooted Verizon Note 2. Received the update notice couple days ago from Verizon and started to proceed with the update. Once the update is finished downloading, my phone restarted itself and it went into the boot screen. I chose Reboot --> System, so the phone can continue with the reboot. However, when the phone came back on, it showed that the update has failed. Has anyone had the same experience?! Or is it still possible to obtain updates from Verizon if you have a rooted phone?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted Verizon Note 2. Received the update notice couple days ago from Verizon and started to proceed with the update. Once the update is finished downloading, my phone restarted itself and it went into the boot screen. I chose Reboot --> System, so the phone can continue with the reboot. However, when the phone came back on, it showed that the update has failed. Has anyone had the same experience?! Or is it still possible to obtain updates from Verizon if you have a rooted phone?

That's normal. You really should never accept any OTA Updates once you are rooted. Now you see why! :eek:

You can flash rooted stock 4.1.2 here:
★ [Rom][I605VRAMC3][4.1.2] Stock Root Odex/Deodex [05/02/13]★ - xda-developers

EDIT: I am assuming you are unlocked and have custom recovery already. You need those in order to flash the rooted stock 4.1.2 ROM.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800