I can't wait for the mailman to show up with my Note 2. I'm a little nervous since it was an Ebay purchase and I hope I get something that isn't a lemon. I also have a Yoobao TPU case coming with a rotating kickstand.

My question is on the micro SD card. I haven't gone out and bought anything of a decent size yet because I wanted to make sure everything was okay with the phone first, but I do have a 4GB card on hand. It is a Sandisk micro SD HC.

If I used that from the start, will it cause complications trying to transfer things to a larger-capacity card later? Should I just not use this smaller one at all and wait until I get the bigger one? I'm assuming transferring will be as easy as copying from one card to the other and sticking it in the Note and not having any trouble with it. Any thoughts on this?
    05-09-2013 10:34 AM
    I can't wait for the mailman to show up with my Note 2. I'm a little nervous since it was an Ebay purchase and I hope I get something that isn't a lemon. I also have a Yoobao TPU case coming with a rotating kickstand.

My question is on the micro SD card. I haven't gone out and bought anything of a decent size yet because I wanted to make sure everything was okay with the phone first, but I do have a 4GB card on hand. It is a Sandisk micro SD HC.

If I used that from the start, will it cause complications trying to transfer things to a larger-capacity card later? Should I just not use this smaller one at all and wait until I get the bigger one? I'm assuming transferring will be as easy as copying from one card to the other and sticking it in the Note and not having any trouble with it. Any thoughts on this?
    Make 100% that you mount or install the SD card BEFORE you use your phone so the phone once turned on can scan and read the card. Having said that you can put anything you want on it and later pull it out and just drag and drop the contents to the new car and I would do it via your computer from "My Computer"

Make sure before you install the card you format it on your computer and do the same thing to the larger one when you get ready to use it. You should not have any trouble if you follow this advice.
    05-09-2013 11:54 AM
    With newer SD Cards you usually don't have to format them. Just slap them into your phone and you are good to go. Once in your phone, you can plug the phone into your PC, let the drivers for your phone install, and you will see the phone has two SD Cards listed, internal and external, and you can drag and drop files right to your external card.
    karsdroid likes this.
    05-09-2013 12:53 PM
    The phone came. Thanks for the advice on the SD card. I haven't activated it yet on Verizon until I check it out.

I see a message about no SIM card and saying to insert one. I thought Verizon phones didn't need SIM cards. Is this something I need to go buy before I can activate the phone? I wasn't prepared for this step, I guess. I have never had a SIM card in my Verizon devices before.
    05-09-2013 01:10 PM
    The phone came. Thanks for the advice on the SD card. I haven't activated it yet on Verizon until I check it out.

I see a message about no SIM card and saying to insert one. I thought Verizon phones didn't need SIM cards. Is this something I need to go buy before I can activate the phone? I wasn't prepared for this step, I guess. I have never had a SIM card in my Verizon devices before.
    Yes, you need a SIM for VZW 4G devices. If you don't want to wait, you can go to a Corporate store and get the SIM and have them activate the phone on the spot, but they may charge you for doing this.

You can also do it all yourself for free online at verizonwireless.com > My Verizon > Activate or Switch Device

They will send you a SIM in the mail for free (I think they still do this), and you can insert the SIM, turn on the device, and activate it. If all else fails, you can call them for the SIM at (800) 256-4646.
    05-09-2013 01:35 PM
    I've never formatted SD cards on my phone and I often swap them while the phone is on so that I can get photos from my camera and share them on Facebook.
    05-09-2013 02:52 PM
    I've never formatted SD cards on my phone and I often swap them while the phone is on so that I can get photos from my camera and share them on Facebook.
    ha....i was just thinking that about myself reading this thread. was thinking i don't even know where i would mount and unmount...hahaha
    05-10-2013 10:46 AM
    Verizon will give you the SIM card free. Its needed for the 4g and can't really use it. Can't be activated without it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    05-15-2013 06:44 PM
    If you're one for installing custom ROMs, format your card to fat32, it will save you time later with certain ROMs.
    05-15-2013 06:56 PM