I don't remember where I read it but I thought we were.
    05-15-2013 01:25 PM
    I don't remember where I read it but I thought we were.
    No, we have Verizon. It could be 2 years from now. Well, it was for Verizon's last Flagship device I bought, HTC Thunderbolt.
    Be glad we have a very nice product right out of the box. It's working fine right now. Love My Note II.
    Jude526 likes this.
    05-15-2013 01:31 PM
    I think its 4.2.2?
    05-15-2013 01:33 PM
    I think its 4.2.2?
    You're referring to this: Samsung Galaxy Note & S3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update Out This Month | SidhTech

Unfortunately that update will be for the International, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and US Cellular phones. We on Verizon can expect that update +6 months from when it officially launches.

'Cuz you know, dat's how Verizon rolls. Slow as !@#$'
    05-15-2013 01:43 PM
    I really don't get why Verizon is slow.

My suggestion: charge customers for updates. I'll gladly pay $1 or $2 to receive OTA update,
    as long as Verizon promises to release it within 30 days of being released by Google, Inc.
    (security-related updates will continue to be free, of course)

Good idea or bad idea?
    05-15-2013 06:36 PM

My suggestion: charge customers for updates. I'll gladly pay $1 or $2 to receive OTA update,
    as long as Verizon promises to release it within 30 days of being released by Google, Inc.

Good idea or bad idea?
    I pay enough. I don't want to pay for updates. That's unfair and also wrong in my opinion

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    ferndog75, Eclipse2K and collett like this.
    05-15-2013 06:38 PM
    Verizon is slow because sending out updates messes with their network. Believe it or not they actually do want maximum uptime. That being said, there is such a thing as being too careful. You also have the option of using ROMs to achieve your goal of being on the "latest and greatest". Offering Verizon more money for something that should be free(and non carrier oriented) would just open another door for Verizon to take money out of everyone's pocket. Not a great idea.
    collett likes this.
    05-16-2013 09:43 AM

Good idea or bad idea?
    Is been my experience, that in the device sales market, why give something away for a few dollars... When you can get people to buy the latest /greatest device for a few hundred bucks? Meaning, all manufacturers do this, no way will the old devices get the latest os, until the new devices peak sales expire.

05-19-2013 12:20 PM
    why would you want to pay for updates? NOT knowing how good or bad it will be.

i spent 18 months with my bionic. BIGGEST POS I EVER OWNED. through numerous software versions.
    05-19-2013 02:04 PM
    Verizon will soon release 4.2.x Jelly Bean for the Galaxy Note 2.

In related news, Australian scientists will soon announce the discovery of cold fusion.
    05-19-2013 02:32 PM

In related news, Australian scientists will soon announce the discovery of cold fusion.
    I also heard that Verizon will announce faster than light travel by the end of the month.
    Sharondippity likes this.
    05-20-2013 09:59 AM

Good idea or bad idea?
    Probably the most retarted thing I've heard... Allow a carrier charge more to update an open source OS. NO THANK YOU! I'll take my rooted note 2 and the killer xda developers over a carrier update any day.

BTW, if vzw decides to do this... I'm coning to you buddy!

Posted via Android Central App
    05-20-2013 08:35 PM

This is true.

05-21-2013 07:23 AM